- Fix co-install issue with CPUBalance that would cause neither to be running after Process Lasso updates.
This was an artifact of old code that prohibited both from being installed. (build 2)
- Fix potential PATH issue caused in v126.96.36.1990.
(REG_EXPAND_SZ type changed to REG_SZ, causing failures for some, depending on the makeup of your system PATH environment variable).
This build repairs any ‘damage’ and implements the path addition properly.
This problem did not impact everyone, including those who auto-updated to 390 (as opposed to running the installer),
those who already had Process Lasso in their PATH environment variable, and those who simply saw no trouble.
So, most all existing users were NOT impacted at all, as this problem never touched them.
- Build optimization to 64-bit Server x64 core libraries (minimal real world impact).
- Other build optimizations with, again, minimal real-world impact.
- Fix 64-bit on 32-bit install auto-correction would terminate instead of continue in some environments
- Restore addition of Process Lasso install path to environment PATH variable for command line use
(was removed due to installer problems with it, rewritten in C++).
- Fix issues where users may have seen message box about ‘warning: unable to start at login’ (benign),
part of work in progress new Task Scheduler based updater.
- Update French
- Made ‘no update available’ message box topmost when user-induced update check came from GUI, else it would immediately be hidden by the GUI.
- Added 2 alternate update check mechanisms to ensure that no matter how the product is installed or configured, the user will be able to be notified of updates.
(One based on the Task Scheduler for installing user login and one induced by the core engine when it is not running as a service).
- Added multiple fail-safes to automatic updater.
- Improved handling of language selection for Standard Users – both automatic (inherited from Windows) or manually selected.
- Added new ‘pl-update.cmd’ quick command line check to do an update if one is available (otherwise silence).
Process Lasso’s install folder should be in your %PATH% environment variable in order for these command line tools to work.
- Minor internal code improvements.
- Updated PTBR and Russian.
- Fix updater error where a resource DLL maybe could not be replaced and would require a reboot (you’d be notified, though it would function fine w/o it).
It may be seen one last time for some users. Just ignore if you want, as it will self-resolve, but a reinstall will be a more sure solution.
- Fix failure for watchdog option to open via main app menu (only) due to simple copy and paste accident years ago.
- Fix 371 set in internal version block, used by some third-party software (now properly 372).
- Fixed lost language selection on v8 to v9 updates for some
- Fixed ‘could not update pl_rsrc_english.dll’ for certain users.
This is BENIGN if you see it.
Restart Process Lasso.
It is under investigation.
- Restored in-app language picker for Standard Users stick with a particular language since they couldn’t reinstall.
- Fixed auto-detect of language Windows chosen, if no other over-riding selection exists.
- Updated French, Italian, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, and Russian
- Changes to build environment, branching and integrating
- Fixed issue where some auto-game processes might be allowed to be acted on by ProBalance under some specific scenarios
- Updated German, French, and others
- Massive improvement to Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional translations thanks to a new translator!
- Fix to some language preservation issues from v8 (Chinese only).
Users who lose their language when updating from v8 (should not happen from v9) just need to reinstall the product.
v9 tries to match you up with your Windows language selection by default, but if you over-ride that in the installer, it will honor *that* setting.
- Allow co-install with CPUBalance once again, for evaluation purposes.
- Remove redundant ‘Process Lasso’ registry key.
- Improve uninstall cleanup
- Improve build system
- Correct a few minor issues not worth mentioning
- Update Traditional Chinese and French