- Add additional retries and increase time-out for UNC backed configuration files ? to prevent their reset to default for failure to load.
- Fix ‘Pro - Balance’ on advanced ProBalance dialog options
- Change name of ‘default’ profile to ‘My Default Profile’ so it is not confused with program defaults.
- Import newer Italian, Russian, Finnish, Chinese Traditional, and Chinese Simplified.
- Change ‘Memory Load’ graph color default – the blue was too dark to be visible on the black graph’s background on some monitors (or eyes).
- Fix to settings subsystem where some (almost always harmless) debris could be found if the INI file size reduced (EOF marker not set correctly).
- Fix Italian language in last update, though also issued silent rebuild of prior release to correct this copy&paste accident.
- Remove ‘use this profile’ when creating a new profile, as it was not operating nominally, so will be restored after investigated.
- Change default graph of responsiveness line on graph
- Make all graph colors editable in the registry (RGB type), binary type for registry
- Center a promotional dialog
- Update Russian and Italian.
- Fix co-install issue with CPUBalance that would cause neither to be running after Process Lasso updates.
This was an artifact of old code that prohibited both from being installed. (build 2)
- Fix potential PATH issue caused in v184.108.40.2060.
(REG_EXPAND_SZ type changed to REG_SZ, causing failures for some, depending on the makeup of your system PATH environment variable).
This build repairs any ‘damage’ and implements the path addition properly.
This problem did not impact everyone, including those who auto-updated to 390 (as opposed to running the installer),
those who already had Process Lasso in their PATH environment variable, and those who simply saw no trouble.
So, most all existing users were NOT impacted at all, as this problem never touched them.
- Build optimization to 64-bit Server x64 core libraries (minimal real world impact).
- Other build optimizations with, again, minimal real-world impact.
- Fix 64-bit on 32-bit install auto-correction would terminate instead of continue in some environments
- Restore addition of Process Lasso install path to environment PATH variable for command line use
(was removed due to installer problems with it, rewritten in C++).
- Fix issues where users may have seen message box about ‘warning: unable to start at login’ (benign),
part of work in progress new Task Scheduler based updater.
- Update French
- Made ‘no update available’ message box topmost when user-induced update check came from GUI, else it would immediately be hidden by the GUI.
- Added 2 alternate update check mechanisms to ensure that no matter how the product is installed or configured, the user will be able to be notified of updates.
(One based on the Task Scheduler for installing user login and one induced by the core engine when it is not running as a service).
- Added multiple fail-safes to automatic updater.
- Improved handling of language selection for Standard Users – both automatic (inherited from Windows) or manually selected.
- Added new ‘pl-update.cmd’ quick command line check to do an update if one is available (otherwise silence).
Process Lasso’s install folder should be in your %PATH% environment variable in order for these command line tools to work.
- Minor internal code improvements.
- Updated PTBR and Russian.
- Fix updater error where a resource DLL maybe could not be replaced and would require a reboot (you’d be notified, though it would function fine w/o it).
It may be seen one last time for some users. Just ignore if you want, as it will self-resolve, but a reinstall will be a more sure solution.
- Fix failure for watchdog option to open via main app menu (only) due to simple copy and paste accident years ago.
- Fix 371 set in internal version block, used by some third-party software (now properly 372).