- Fixed issue where use of persistent memory priorities (any single use of them) would cause the GUI and/or governor to stall under certain conditions due to a broken synchronization lock. If you are using default memory priorities on processes, you should update to this build immediately.
- Fixed governor’s ‘Config Watch Event’ thread was not terminating properly, causing a perceived failure to delete profiles, and/or (rarely) crashes of the governor when the active config profile was changed
- Updated NSIS installer to use inetc, which means more installer corrects can download in-product, rather than shelling out to browser
- Fixed issue with switching between profiles would cause governor to refuse to acknowledge changes until it restarted
- Fixed issue with creation of new profiles when selecting to use current config
- Fixed some new features of the silent/unattended install
- Fixed an issue with the new, now optional, file-system backed synchronization (used for UNC paths and those who have thousands of remote instances)
- Fixed issue where when there was contention for the configuration, it could become locked in a static state until the governor (or GUI) was restarted – either could have manifested this
- Replace a file-system lock with mutex, returning to prior behavior while giving those who need a file-system lock access to one.
- Restart Process Lasso after changes in ‘Reconfigure the way Process Lasso starts’
- Increase efficiency of file-system lock by approx 50% – though this is now something not used by most (must be manually enabled)
- Remove old warning about changing settings when the ‘reset to defaults’ section is checked in the installer
- Added slight delay to governor when a config change is detected to deal with rapid-fire changes like sliders
- Improve config profile management, creation, and deletion
- Improve config import/export
- Re-enabled creation of config profiles (were disabled while under maintenance for safety)
- Other minor code adjustments and improvements
- Updated French and Russian
- Fix some code issues that never manifested as bugs, but were none-the-less incorrect.
- Other fixes and adjustments
- Fix Chinese updates from v8 now honor Chinese in v9. Other languages *should* be using your OS language, and if you don’t like that one, then you simply re-run the installer (which is also true for Chinese).
- Fix issue when Active Processes is the last tab left open, but fixed by temporarily forcing All Processes to be the tab opened first. Further work will be done.
- Fix issue with unterminated language array (had no functional impact, thankfully, which is why it wasn’t noticed).
- Add support for some specialized license types
- Fix Finnish language
- Internal code improvements (switch to VS2015 build tools for more optimal and secure code!)
- Installer- Fix Chinese EULA was Japanese.
- GUI – Fix issue with ability to get process command line, resulting in the previously fixed (by other mechanisms) listview fill issues by current-user only configurations and limited/standard users.
- GUI – Fix issue with some processes having empty attributes.
- GUI – Fix command line empty for all processes.
- Installer – Fix Workstation 64 to 32-bit auto-correction.
- GUI – Fix no processes listed for limited/standard users in ‘All Processes’ tab.
- GUI – Fix no processes listed when user is configured to manage only their processes.
This issue is purely cosmetic, the governor continue to obey all user name rules.
- Initial publuc release build of v9.