New and Changes:
- You can now set the docking bar position relative to the workspace.
The docking bar can now be placed left or right when the workspace is docked to the top or bottom of the screen,
or top or bottom, when its docked to the sides. See Settings Dock Relative Position.
- Renamed "Folder Container" as "Folder Connector" to better describe the functionality.
- A message box will no longer appear when an updated version is available to download when starting the program (or keeping it open for a couple of days).
Instead, a much less intrusive "Update Available" link will be displayed in the title bar.
Remember that you can completely disable the update check from within the Settings dialog.
- Added Command-line Options overview to the Help menu.
- Rearranged Help Menu items.
- Reminder Dialog: The wrong year was selected when the dialog was opened.
- When the option Draw to Create was selected to create containers by drawing them on the workspace,
the info tip did not appear in the title bar when the Time and Date were displayed.
New and Changes:
- Added Alt+O keyboard shortcut to open shortcuts' file location (target path).
This keyboard shortcut is useful to open the path of shortcuts when using the Keyboard Launcher.
- Add Reminder dialog: The +/- buttons to add/subtract minutes to/from the time now change the reminder's time by 5 minutes (previously it was 10).
- You can now open multiple files from the Windows Explorer (Desktop, etc) with a shortcut within SideSlide by dragging the files from Explorer over the shortcut in the workspace.
- Random program crash when expanding shrunken containers.
- Dragging a shortcut by its icon and dropping it on its own label moved the shortcut even when the workspace was locked for editing.
- Command line arguments help screen (running: "sideslide.exe /?") was incorrectly formatted.
- Fixed "losing" the workspace (or, workspace becomes transparent) when changing resolution,
screen orientation, moving the taskbar across the screen or connecting/disconnecting an external monitor (when Dock >> Size >> Normal is used).
The workspace will now be centered so you can easily reposition it.
New and Changes:
- Completely redesigned Settings & Appearance Dialog.
It's now much easier to review and change the program's settings by selecting the desired section from the list on the left-hand side of the dialog and then the options on the right-hand side.
- Refresh RSS using Shift + Left Click on the container title or icon (when the container is shrunk).
New and Changes:
- Multiple changes to containers' tooltip making this feature much more useful:
- The mouse handling tips on how to control the container with the mouse (expand, shrink, move, etc) have been moved to the bottom of the tooltip, and can now be completely hidden from the new drop down list on the right of the Tooltip check box in the Settings dialog.
- Switch to "Info" from the drop down list once you are familiar with the various ways of controlling containers with the mouse.
- Other misc. minor changes to the way the tips are displayed.
- New Themes: Dark Order/ Blue Order/ Techno Brown/ Techno Blue (including wallpapers, title-bar buttons and colors).
- New Color theme/buttons: Modern Dark.
- Removed legacy option/check-box "Expand to Center" from the Settings dialog for shrunken containers. Expand to Center is now the default.
- Other misc. minor dialog design changes and others.
- Double clicking a non-existing picture shortcut to open the Shortcut Properties dialog could have crashed the program.
- "Auto Expand: Long" (delay before the container expands on mouse move) did not work properly plus some other fixes to the auto-expand functionality.
- Adding a new URL (New Web URL) could have positioned the web shortcut in the wrong place on the workspace/container.
- Display change (changing resolution/starting a game) made the workspace visible even when it was supposed to remain hidden (Hide Workspace selected from the System Tray icon).
- Hide Workspace didn't work when docking border size Normal and Small were selected.
- Other misc. minor fixes.
New and Changes:
- Added a new right-click menu to the Lock/Unlock Workspace for Editing button (top right corner of the workspace, next to the Dock button).
You can now select between locking the movement of all objects in the workspace or only shortcuts.
- Added setting "Start Web Search on Spacebar" under the Keyboard Navigation/Web Search section in the Settings dialog.
Selecting this option will cause any input in the Keyboard Launcher that includes a space character to start a web search, as opposed to entering 's ' + search query.
Omitting the space will look for workspace shortcuts instead.
- When a single shortcut is selected and it's inside a container, the container's name will be shown in square brackets (in the workspace title-bar).
This is useful when using the Keyboard Launcher to find shortcuts that are inside shrunken containers.
- Added a new command to the shortcuts' right-click menu: "Command Prompt" below the "Open File Location" menu item.
This will open the command prompt in the location of the shortcut's root folder.
- Added "Keyboard Launcher" menu item to the main workspace menu to show the keyboard launcher using the mouse.
- Added "What's New" link to the Container library dialog (performs the same action when leaving the search field empty and pressing enter/clicking the Go button)
- RSS News Feeds Subject Tracker: When a subject is found and an headline is highlighted,
the RSS News Feed container small RSS icon (the icon drawn on top of the container icon to indicate it's an RSS container) will change into green,
to indicate that subjects you are tracking were found, in case the container is shrunk when refreshed.
- RSS Viewer toolbar buttons are now at the top of the window and the RSS selector is the first item from the left (replacing the refresh button).
- Other misc. minor changes.
- Launching shortcuts at startup from the #STARTUP container caused the workspace to collapse to a Large docking border size when Normal or Small were selected.
- The Target Path ("Start in") was ignored when adding shortcuts from the Windows Explorer (Desktop, etc) to the workspace.
- RSS Subject Tracker >> Add (to add a new subject to track) and other input dialogs didn't always accept all input.
Enhanced reminders functionality:
- New setting "Repeat Reminder" under the Settings dialog.
Select this option to keep the reminder alert going for 10 times every 3 seconds, unless you snooze or mark it as complete.
- Quickly create red (important) reminders by including ** (two asterisks) in the reminder's text.
- The reminder notification dialog is now bigger and easier to dismiss/change with the mouse or touch.
- Reminder options "Edit" and "Delete" renamed as "Open" and "Complete".
- A tooltip has been added to the reminder notification title in case the reminder name is too long to be fully visible.
- An additional alarm sound can be downloaded from here.
- Shrinking containers by double-clicking on an empty space inside could have caused a container or a shortcut below to move.
Enhanced keyboard functionality:
- New KB Launcher command: Quick Reminder.
Enter "r " followed by a value (minute) from 0 to 99 and then the reminder text.
Example: "r 10 feed Charlie" (set a 10 minute reminder).
- Added the ability to, both, select shortcuts using [Shift] + [Arrow Keys] and move them across the workspace or within a container by holding down the [Ctrl] key.
This new feature is especially useful to make small adjustments that are harder to do with the mouse.
- Ctrl+Enter: Run the selected shortcut as administrator.
- Ctrl+Number Speed Launch now also works to launch a shortcut when the Keyboard Launcher is visible.
- New option under the Shortcut Properties dialog: Prompt for Parameters.
Selecting this option will always prompt for parameters before launching the selected shortcut.
Any parameters already selected for the shortcut will appear in the message prompt and you can also ignore them altogether.
- Reminders: Added the ability to choose a custom background color for the reminder from within the Add Reminder dialog.
Reminder: You can always change a reminder's colors by right-clicking it.
- Adding a new RSS feed does no longer check the validity of the URL using the built-in Windows function (if it fails, it fails) so you can now, for example, add Twitter feeds using TwitRSS.me
- New 'Web Search' command added to the shortcut's right-click menu to open the selected search engine and search the shortcut's name.
- Faster startup speed: Removed a Windows native function that that determines if a file exists before the shortcut's icon is drawn.
This should slightly improve the loading speed when most of the files in the workspace exist on the local disk.
It's best to place shortcuts to network files/folders in a container and not the workspace to improve startup speed.
- When using the Keyboard Launcher, shortcuts in network locations will now be displayed using a generic icon to improve speed.
- Undo/Redo buffer increased to 100.
- Added user's Desktop and Start Menu Programs shortcuts to new installations.
- New title-bar button theme: Dots - For black background.
- New 'missing shortcut' icons.
- Changed default font for new installation to "Segoe UI".
- Misc. minor GUI adjustments and other small changes.
- When the screen resolution or orientation is changed, the workspace will now center and dock again.
- Creating new objects from the Keyboard Launcher (a new note or a reminder) or using a hotkeys (Ctrl+T, Ctrl+E, Ctrl+R, Ctrl+P;
when undocking the workspace using the Global Hotkey) could have positioned them outside the visible workspace.
- Crash when deleting reminders from the reminder popup window after clearing the workspace.
- Wasn't working in a few of the last versions: When a single shortcut is selected, its name will now appear in the titlebar.
- Menu key/Shift+F10 now correctly shows the menu for the workspace or selected shortcuts.
- The shortcut Mini-toolbar is now closed when using the arrow keys to select shortcuts.
- Other misc. minor fixes.