- New keyboard shortcut: To open the Keyboard Launcher and begin navigating from SideSlide's root drive, just press the backslash key ().
- New keyboard shortcut: Quickly access your user profile folder by pressing the tilde key (~).
- Quotation marks in shortcut paths are now removed when pasting from programs that include them.
- Fixed a problem where Keyboard Launcher command icons (search, quick reminder, note, etc.) were not showing up.
- Introducing an enhanced workspace title bar! You now have the flexibility to customize it with both free text and macros.
In addition to displaying the long date, short date, free memory, and CPU utilization, you can also monitor the remaining battery percentage and status.
Please note that due to the updated Title Bar editing format, any previously selected information for display will be reset to the default settings.
The currently available macros for customization include: %CPU_U% (CPU Utilization), %MEM_F% (Free memory), %BAT_R% (remaining battery), %BAT_S% (battery status), %DATE_L% (long date), %DATE_S% (short date), %TIME%, and %VER% (SideSlide's version).
- Multiple changes and fixes to arranging shortcuts in columns within the workspace and within different containers with the mouse and when using the Ctrl key + Arrow keys to move shortcuts.
- Added 'Subtle Game' color scheme and buttons.
All the different color schemes are included in the software itself, and you can also download themes (which include wallpapers and different title-bar buttons) from the Tour page.
- Removed leading zero from the 12-hour time format.
- Fixed RSS Viewer loading bug.
- Fixed shortcut icon visibility issue in the Keyboard Launcher when launching shortcuts with additional custom parameters (shortcut name + space/tab + parameters).
- New! Windows Environment Variables (%temp%, %path%, %anything_else%) are now expanded and processed when used as parameters for shortcuts.
These variables can also be entered or modified by using the "Prompt for Parameters" option (Select a shortcut → Shortcut Properties → Prompt for Parameters).
- New! Added support for the 24-hour clock format for reminders and when Date/Time is shown in the title-bar.
This can be configured via the "24-hour" option within the Reminder dialog.
- New! Introduced the ability to define a custom title for the workspace.
This feature is particularly useful when managing multiple workspaces concurrently (using multiple portable versions. See the Tour page for more).
The custom title can be set under "Settings → General → Title Bar → Custom"
- Enhancement: When dragging shortcuts across the workspace using the shortcut's name label, holding the [Alt] key will display the shortcut's x/y coordinates in the title bar.
- Enhancement: Recent menu entries for shortcuts now indicate the container they belong to, providing clearer context.
- Bug Fix: Resolved an issue within the Keyboard Launcher where the last found shortcut remained visible even when the entered text didn't match the shortcut's name.
- Misc: Various minor fixes and improvements to enhance the overall user experience.
- New! Added Increase/Decrease spacing buttons to the Shortcut Mini-Toolbar. The new buttons enable quick adjustments to the spacing between shortcuts.
- A confirmation prompt is now shown when dragging items from the Windows Explorer or from within SideSlide itself onto shortcuts that require confirmation (when dropped on folder shortcuts, in order to copy/move, or onto executable shortcuts in order to use as commands).
- Hovering over a shortcut to show the tooltip indicates if the shortcut requires confirmation.
Require confirmation for shortcuts from the Shortcut Properties dialog.
- Added a web link to the Shortcut Properties dialog to open the online tour page for reference.
- Addressed an issue related to shortcut selection with the mouse: Shortcuts are now deselected on down-click, unless shift/ctrl are pressed, to prevent situations where previously selected shortcuts remain selected when they shouldn't be.
- Addressed an issue affecting the Keyboard Launcher that prevented web searching for folder names. Example: "s c:\windows" (to search "c:\windows" on Google).
- Addressed an issue where a container tag was not added to a cloned shortcut (when using the container's Tag button to view shortcuts that belong to a certain tag).
- Addressed an issue that prevented cloned command-line shortcuts from being saved.
- Added a new setting to enable/disable the title bar's info tooltip.
- Using the Keyboard Launcher to schedule a new reminder ("r xx text") will show Today/Tomorrow plus the time, instead of showing the date.
- Settings Dock Undock Immediately timing has been slightly adjusted.
- Other misc. minor changes.
- New! Clone command added to the shortcut right-click menu: Once selected, a cross-hair cursor will appear allowing you to select the location for the cloned shortcut. On click the Shortcut Properties is shown in which you can adjust the properties of the cloned shortcut before it is created in the destination.
- New! Set the spacing between workspace shortcuts and shortcuts within individual containers manually: It's now easier to control the way shortcuts are organized when selecting multiple shortcuts and using the mouse or keyboard to arrange them in columns. The new setting is available from the workspace right-click menu: Arrange >> Spacing and for each container from within the Container Properties dialog.
- New! Auto-size Containers: Right-click or middle-click the container resize symbol at the bottom right corner of the container to automatically resize the container. The container will be resized twice before the original size is restored, as long as there is room in the workspace for the container to exapnd to.
- The Draw to Create functionality (Settings >> Containers >> Draw to Create) has been removed and replaced by the Auto-Size function.
- Other misc. minor GUI and other fixes.
5.68 Beta 2
- Multiple fixes and improvements to the RSS functionality:
- It's now possible to simulate horizontal scroll within RSS news feed containers by holding down the Shift key while using the vertical scroll wheel.
- The mouse pointer is now moved to the top of the container, away from the headline, when using the keyboard (arrow keys).
- Fixed a bug that occasionally caused the right click menu to appear when left clicking or middle clicking headlines.
- RSS container resize was not always working properly and some headlines could have remained invisible.
- Changing the font could have rendered part of the headline invisible.
- Changing font didn't stick without a program restart.
- Ampersand sign (&) was doubled in headlines.
- Underline didn't always extend to the end of the headline (mouse hover and keyboard navigation).
- When filtering applied and no headlines were found, keyboard navigation worked when it shouldn't have.
- Fix for an issue that prevented the arrow keys from working when the mouse was above a headline.
- New! When using custom icons for System Command shortcuts, the icons are now overlaid with a command icon so that they are easier to distinguish.
This new setting can be disabled from the Settings dialog, under the Shortcuts section.
- New! RSS News Feed containers: It's now possible to filter RSS headlines according to multiple keywords using the new 'Filter...' RSS container right-click menu command.
Only headlines that contain words defined in the filter will be displayed. This new feature, in addition to the Subject Tracker feature, can help you stay focused on subjects that are important to you.
- Addressed issue related to navigating the Speed Launch dialog with the arrow keys (previous beta).
- Addressed an issue where the RSS tooltip could have been too big to be entirely visible.
- Addressed an issue that caused container title-bar tooltips to immediately disappear, depending on the size and location of the container.
- New Setting: Dock >> Auto Re-encrypt: When selected, decrypted notes will be automatically re-encrypted with the password used for decryption once the workspace loses the focus or when another note is decrypted. The password will then be deleted from memory. This new setting is also useful in case the wrong password was used to decrypt a note. Once the workspace tucks away or in any other way loses the focus, you can undock it so that the note will be automatically re-encrypted, allowing you to try again.
- The entire shortcut name is now added to the KB Launcher history command list and not only the typed-in letters (the partial name).
- It's now possible to start a shortcut from the Speed Launch dialog by selecting it with the arrow keys and then hitting the 'Enter' key.
- Added an option to launch Keyboard Launcher History by entering ! (exclamation point) as the first letter from within the Keyboard Launcher input field. Remember that you can see the command history by entering ! when the workspace is in focus, Alt+H, or from the main workspace menu: Extra >> Keyboard Launcher History.
- Addressed several issues related to the new KB Launcher history functionality that could have crashed the program.
- Addressed an issue introduced in the previous beta version where the Opacity and History item count text fields could not be edited correctly (in the Settings dialog).
- New! Keyboard Launcher History: Keep and show up to 50 previously entered commands in the Keyboard Launcher.
The new option is turned on by default and can be configured under the Keyboard Navigation section from the Settings Dialog.
Enter "!" (Shift+1) or Alt+H when the workspace is in focus to show the Keyboard Launcher and load the entries from the history log.
You can also click the History label from within the Keyboard Launcher dialog or open the history from the menu: Extra Keyboard Launcher History.
- New! Apply container background and foreground colors to container note colors using the new buttons in the Container Properties dialog.
- Addressed an issues related to note encryption that could have rendered container notes as disabled.
- Addressed an issue that caused shortcuts that contained a dot (".") to be ignored when using the keyboard launcher.
- Addressed an issue that was introduced in the previous version where the Color Scheme drop-down list under the Container Properties dialog was stealing the focus.