- Updated Portuguese language file.
- Updated Simplified Chinese language file.
- Under Windows 10 with Dark Mode enabled for the UI,
the color of the section category text in Preferences is always kept bright even if the currently selected Windows accent color is darker.
- Current multi-monitor configuration/profile is now saved on exit.
- Folder items set to open as menus can now be double clicked to open in an Explorer window instead.
- All the weather feeds now support HTTPS connections.
- Added new 'Light Mode' to the User Interface to match the new Windows 10 Light mode.
- When adding an URL item a default replacement icon is now used if the system does not have a usable class icon defined for HTML documents.
- By default screen edge bump activations are limited to the width of the dock to help prevent accidental activations.
Added new 'Activate along entire screen edge' option to the Edge Bump Settings dialog to disable this behavior.
- Updated Windows 10 style User Interface icons.
- Added new 'Say the Time' option to the action taken when clicking on the clock module.
- The 'Winstep Multi Media Player' helper application (WsMMPlay.exe) is now also shutdown when the application exits, just in case it needs to be updated or removed.
- Sticky Notes UWP app in Windows 10 is now handled properly in the list of running applications and when pinning it to the dock.
- The routine responsible for peeking window thumbnails could be interrupted,
which could potentially crash the application with an array locked error and leave most windows only partially visible or not visible at all, which could only be fixed by a Windows restart.
- Asus GPU Tweak II is no longer affected by AeroPeek emulation as it does not restore properly afterwards.
- The selected text effect for floating labels set in the Label Settings dialog was not being applied, the label always used the Outline effect.
- NOAA's weather feed had stopped working because the web site now enforced HTTPS access and no longer supported HTTP access.
- Fixed issue where METAR current weather conditions could show only a single 'Possible' word if no weather phenonema was present.
- Under Windows 10 the sndPlaySound Windows API call used to play event sounds was leaking memory and an handle every time it was called (for instance, every time the hide/show sound was played).
Fixed by adding the SND_SYSTEM flag which makes the sound be played by the system instead of from inside the application's own process space.
- Kb, Mb and Gb units shown throughout the application are now properly displayed as KB, MB and GB to prevent them from being confused with Kbits, Mbits and Gigabits.
- In Windows 10 it is no longer possible to capture the content of layered windows which resulted in all black thumbnails for icons of running applications.
- The next activation date of alarms set to go off yearly was not being correctly calculated.
- Updated Portuguese language file.
- Added ability to colorize icons with one of three different methods (Tint, Hue, Tone) manually with a solid color or automatically with the dominant color of the current desktop wallpaper or the system Accent color (Windows 10).
- If Weather.com returns valid weather data but N/A for the current temperature, the weather module will now fall back on the redundant MSN and Yahoo weather feeds.
- The application might fail to enter or exit a Power Saving mode when configured to do so for full screen applications if the game changed the screen resolution or otherwise signaled a display change.
- Changed shape and size of dock label balloon backgrounds.
- The Snooze duration in the Alarm Settings panel of the Alarm itself can now be set up to 24 hours (the slider counts minutes up to 59 and starts counting in hour intervals after that).
- Menus can now be manually scaled by up to 200% (More Options dialog of General tab in Preferences).
- Dock right click context menus should no longer overlap dock icons when open, especially for a dock at the bottom of the screen.
- On Windows 10 hybrid UWP/Win32 apps were not being handled properly.
They could be pinned to the dock but trying to run them would only result in an error message that the path or file is not accessible being displayed.
- The right click menu option for changing playlist of the built-in Media Player wasn't doing anything if a music was playing or the Media Player was paused.
- Fixed several misc.visual issues related to menu scaling on high DPI settings.
- New Arabic language file.
- Updated the Hungarian language file.
- Updated Portuguese language file.
- The balloon tooltip of the 'Check for Updates' internal command now displays the last check for updates date as 'yesterday at' or 'today at' instead of the full date if the last check for updates occured less than 48 hours ago.
- The 'Task Manager' internal command now also appears in the 'System' category.
- You can now disable voices independently of sounds and vice-versa.
- Added new 'Tone' colorization method to colorize black and white (monochrome) background bitmaps.
- Added new 'Colorize with Windows Accent Color' option (Windows 10 only).
- Added new 'Now Playing' right click context menu option to the Media Player internal command, allowing a song in the currently selected playlist to be selected and immediately played.
- Added 'Repeat every x days/months/years' setting to the alarms.
- Adjusted the position of dock icon labels for docks not using the magnify effect so the label does not 'sit on the edge' of the dock background bitmap.
- The 'Task Manager' internal command was not working on Windows 10.
- A dock set to auto-hide for maximized applications when always on top could fail to activate when the maximized application was no longer maximized if the dock was also set to display running applications.
- Fixed 'Respect space reserved by other docks, toolbars and screen objects' not respecting the space reserved by toolbars perpendicular to the dock.
- Fixed issue with the names of themes on a Themes context menu if the Themes tab in Preferences was currently open.
- The 'Colorize text' option in the Color Settings dialog was not being applied.
- Colorizing a dock background via the Color Settings dialog in the Themes tab did not update the preview image.
- Fixed issue where the alarm could fail to fire is set to midnight exactly.
- Moving icons in the dock via drag & drop caused the delete animation and delete sound effect to be played.
- Fixed glitch with UI scrolling in the Alarms Editor dialog that would happen if the mousewheel (instead of clicking) was used to change the Schedule combo box.
- Fixed potential issue when switching from the Themes tab in Preferences before the tab had a chance to load completely.
- Updated Greek language file.
- Updated Indonesian language file.
- Updated Chinese Simplified language file.
- Updated Portuguese language file.
- Updated Portuguese (Brazil) language file.
- You can now drag & drop multiple .m3u playlist files into the Audio Files listbox in the Audio tab of the Alarm Manager and the Media Player Settings dialog.
The audio files in the playlist are automatically retrieved and added to the currently selected playlist in the Playlists listbox.
- You can now drag & drop multiple .m3u playlist files into the Playlists listbox in the Audio tab of the Alarm Manager and the Media Player settings dialog.
This automatically creates equivalent playlists in the Playlists listbox.
- You can now drag & drop multiple folders into the Audio Files listbox in the Audio tab of the Alarm Manager and the Media Player Settings dialog.
The audio files in the folders are automatically retrieved and added to the currently selected playlist in the Playlists listbox.
- You can now drag & drop multiple folders into the Playlists listbox in the Audio tab of the Alarm Manager and the Media Player settings dialog.
This automatically creates playlists with the name of those folders in the Playlists listbox and adds to each of those playlists the audio files inside each of the respective folders.
- Removed 'Save' and 'Save As' buttons from the Audio tab of the Alarm Manager and the Media Player settings dialog.
Playlists and their contents are now automatically saved.
When clicking the New button, the application immediately asks for the name of the new playlist.
- Clicking on a Playlist in the Media Player Settings dialog now selects that playlist for playing.
- Clicking on the Media Player icon when the audio is paused now automatically restarts the audio without opening the media control bar.
- Increased the horizontal size of the Playlist and Audio list boxes and moved the control buttons to the bottom in the Audio tab of the Alarm Manager and the Media Player settings dialog.
- The Media Player icon in the Media Player Settings dialog doesn't glow when playing audio if the 'Glow when playing' setting is disabled.
- Added another layer of redundancy to initial Weather module GEOIP localization by adding suport for Weather.com's Search API.
- Added new user definable URL for Weather.com's Search API to the Advanced dialog of the Weather Settings panel and also a warning not to change those values unless requested to do so.
- Volume slider in the Media Player Settings panel now affects the volume in real time if the Media Player is currently playing audio.
- The Media Player no longer resets the audio after pressing OK in the Media Player settings dialog, unless changes have been made to playlists or another audio file has been selected.
- Mouseover, Launch and Attention effects can now all be selected and set in the Effects panel without having to close the panel first.
- The Effects tab in Preferences now displays a visual representation of the currently selected Mouseover, Launch and Attention effects.
Different effects can be selected and visualized by clicking on the arrows or through the Effects panel, accessible by clicking on the icon itself.
- Moved the 'Edge Bump Settings' and 'Edge Swipe Settings' buttons in the dock Behavior tab to the Activation Setttings dialog.
- Added the 'Show Balloon Tooltip...' settings to the 'More Options' dialog of the dock Behavior tab.
- Moved the 'Blur Settings' button from the Effects tab to the Appearance tab.
- Added 'Disable dock scaling on hight DPI settings' and 'Disable menu scaling on high DPI settings' options to the Appearance tab.
- Moved the 'Edge Bump Settings' and 'Edge Slide Settings' buttons from the Behavior tab to the Activation Settings dialog.
- Moved the Animation Speed slider and Animation type settings from the Auto-Hide Settings to the Activation Settings dialog.
- Moved the 'Full Screen Exclusion List' button to the Activation Settings dialog.
- Moved the 'Auto-hide for maximized applications wehn always on top' from the Position to the Behavior tab.
- Removed the 'Bring dock forward...' settings from the Position tab since they are duplicated in the Activation Settings dialog.
- Added new 'Grab focus when activated' setting (enabled by default) to the Activation Settings dialog so users can make the dock NOT grab the focus when activated.
- Changed the timings of the 'Duration' setting for the Sonic Boom effect.
- The Unhandled Exception Manager now lists nested exceptions and offers more information for Access Violation errors.
- Added new 'Playlists' right click context menu option to the Media Player internal command, allowing an existing playlist to be selected and played without having to open the Media Player Settings panel.
- Speeded up a bit the rendering of animated icons on a magnifying dock with icon reflections by not rebuilding the reflections when the icon is magnified (since the reflections would never be seen anyway).
- Added new 'Delete Effect' category, with 11 different effects available to play when an icon is deleted (22 in Nexus Ultimate and Winstep Xtreme).
- Added new 'Delete Effect' category to the right click 'Effects' context menu.
- Added new 'Accept drag and drop icon customization only when ALT key is pressed' setting to the 'More Options' dialog of the Behavior tab in Preferences. Normally dropping a PNG, ICO or TIF file into a dock item will customize the icon of that item with the dropped image, but because documents can also be launched with a specific application by dropping them into an item, enabling this setting allows the opening of PNG, TIF and ICO files instead unless the ALT key is pressed.
- Added new 'Show Minimized Applications Only' setting. When enabled the dock only shows running applications that are currently minimized, and the buttons from those applications are removed from the taskbar.
This way 'active' applications appear in the taskbar and currently minimized applications appear on the dock.
- When the dock is showing running applications and is activated, the list of running applications in it now already appears up-to-date, instead of the dock re-synching only AFTER the activation animation.
- You can now drag and drop m3u playlist files and audio files directly into the Media Player icon.
- The Media Player Control Bar now also displays the current audio volume. Volume can be directly adjusted when the bar is open via the mouse scrollwheel (or the media control keys on the keyboard).
- Added several optional overlays to the Alarm Reminder window besides the default glass reflection: water drops, condensation, frost, ice, dirt, broken glass, flare, rainbow, christmas and halloween.
Glass reflections can now also be disabled by setting the overlay to 'None'.
- When using drag & drop the insertion point now only appears when the mouse pointer is moved into an area in-between icons.
This makes opening documents by dropping them directly into an application icon and customizing icons by dropping PNG files a little less cumbersome.
- Added optional 'Rain Effect' to LCD Alarms.
- The Media Player icon now flashes a subtle 'Pause' symbol when paused.
- The name of the dock can now be set in the Contents tab of Preferences.
- The Alarm Manager now displays 'No Alarms Defined' in the alarms list when no alarms have been defined yet.
- Added Cancel button to the Alarm Manager dialog. Only changes to settings can be canceled, not changes to the alarms themselves.
- Renaming a playlist now automatically updates all pointers to the old file name in the alarms and the Media Player.
- Editing an alarm with an audio file now displays the end of the audio filename in the 'Play Audio File' field instead of the beginning, to make it easier to recognize which playlist or audio file that alarm is associated to.
- LCD Alarms now remember their initial positions when toggling between window and Full Screen.
- WsMMPlay.exe is now launched ansynchronously whenever it's not already running and the application needs to play a media file - this prevents the application from temporarily blocking while Windows is busy launching the media player.
- The dialog was not being notified when audio had stopped playing after pressing the Play button in the Media Player Settings dialog.
- Fixed some potential form painting issues when moving the volume slider in the Media Player Settings panel.
- Alarms action description and activation dates in the Alarm Manager could be wrong if the alarms were not sorted by creation date.
- If 'Combine dock icons with running applications' was enabled, dragging a document over an icon on the left side of the dock (i.e.; one with a running indicator) was NOT bringing the associated window/application forward, forcing you to use ALT+Tab instead.
- The LED lights in the Glossy Black Alarm Bezel did not appear centered horizontally when the Alarm was resized.
- Alarm Bezel previews did not fit entirely in the preview box when their size was set to 120%.
- Alarm Manager tab headers were not being translated.
- The Media Player icon was not displaying the 'glow' effect when playing.
- Attention effect might not play under certain conditions.
- Fixed issues where settings existing on more than one tab in Preferences where not being carried over when switching tabs if the User Interface slide animation was enabled.
- The application's small control window, which should never be visible, would sometimes appear on the user's desktop, perhaps by interference of a 3rd party application.
It has now also been moved outside the viewable area.
- Added a description in the Windows Services Panel to the Winstep service used to perform operations that require admin privileges (install theme fonts, adjust the time, fast boot, etc...).
- Added code to help troubleshoot problems with the service.
- If there is an Internet connection available but an undetermined error occurred,
the 'Check Internet Connection' dialog in the TroubleShooting Options dialog will now also return the Winsock error message.
- The Alarm Manager now displays an Audio symbol if that alarm has an associated audio file or playlist.
- The application now uses customized Message boxes to match the current User Interface mode.
- Improved the performance of the Alarms Manager dialog in terms of CPU usage.
- Command Buttons in Dark or Gray UI modes now become highlighted when they have the focus.
- Pressing the ALT shift key while the Capture Desktop internal command takes a screenshot will capture only the active window instead of the whole desktop.
- The name of the last screenshot taken by the Capture Desktop internal command is now persistent between sessions.
- The right-click context menu of the Capture Desktop internal command now has options to Browse the folder the last screenshot was saved to in a menu,
open the folder in Explorer, or open the screenshot.
- Browse folder sub-menus now show item icons where the menu theme allows.
- The Balloon tooltip now also displays the number of frames in an animated icon.
- Added two power saving modes, normal and Ultra,
for conserving power when running on battery.
Can be set manually in the Advanced tab of Preferences,
via a new 'Power Saving Mode' internal command toggle,
or automatically when battery levels reach a certain percentage or,
under Windows 10, when the system Battery Saver activates.
Each power mode has separate voice and/or sound notifications.
- Added new 'Power Saving Mode' internal command to toggle between the 3 different power modes (off, on, ultra).
The icon is gray when power saving is disabled, green when enabled, and red when ultra is active.
- Moved the 'User Interface Mode' button to the About tab in Preferences.
- Added high DPI support to the dock by default and a new 'Disable dock scaling on high DPI settings' option in the More Options dialog of the General tab in Preferences.
High DPI support is enabled by default on new installations and disabled by default on existing installations.
- Replaced the rotating earth Email Checker module style with a smoother higher resolution animation.
- Added full keyboard support to the dock: use arrow keys to select an icon, Enter to launch currently selected icon, Esc to unselect.
- Added new Full Screen Application exclusion list.
Activation methods such as edge bumps and hotkeys are normally automatically disabled when another application is running full screen to prevent accidental activations while,
for instance, playing a game, etc...
With the new exclusion list you can exclude specific applications (for instance, a Media Player application on a PC Home Theater environment) from this rule.
This way you can assign a keyboard shortcut to activate the dock while the full screen Media Player is running,
then use the arrow keys to navigate the dock and launch movies, applications, etc...
- The drop down portion of a monitor selection combo box is now wide enough to hold the longest monitor name in a multi-monitor system.
- Added new 'Animated icons play full animation on mouseover' setting to the Performance vs. Memory usage dialog.
This setting, disabled by default for performance reasons (animated icons usually have very long animations,
which, together with the dock magnify effect being combined with other mouseover effects, can result in a somewhat noticeable performance hit),
enables animated icons set to animate only on mouseover to finish their animations even when the mouse pointer has already moved away from the icon.
- Disabled 'Integer Overflow Checks' on compiled code and optimized a few critical routines, which should result in a 5%-10% overall performance increase.
- Added option (enabled by default) to automatically enable Ultra Power Saving mode when the monitor enters standby.
- Added option (disabled by default) to automatically enable normal Power Saving mode when a full screen application is running.
This ensures the Winstep application uses 75% less CPU than normal when, for instance, running a game, while still remaining fully functional.
- Non-native dock themes now also display the author's name in the Theme preview panel when that info is available.
- Added new 'Fast Boot' internal command to toggle Fast Boot.
- Default dock in Windows 10 now features a 'Fast Boot' internal command icon to alert users to the existence of this feature.
- If 'Do not launch sessions of the same application' is enabled,
clicking the icon of an application that is already running will now minimize it if it is already in the foreground (as it already happens when the dock is set to display running applications) or bring it to the foreground otherwise.
- Made some misc.improvements to the Net Meter code.
- Changed colorization method for particle mouse over effects from tint to shift hue, as this also preserves whites.
- If the 'Ignore edge bumps near the titlebar button area of maximized windows' setting is enabled,
edge bumps near the taskabar's Start Button area are also ignored.
- Double clicking an Alarm Reminder will now toggle it between full screen and windowed.
- The scrollwheel in the mouse can now be used to dim an LCD alarm reminder or change the volume.
- Added new 'Sleep Timer' internal command, which runs WorkShelf's new Sleep Timer full screen clock.
- Alarms can now be filtered so only active alarms are shown.
- Alarms can now be sorted by creation date or activation date, in ascending or descending order.
- Alarm Settings have now been merged into the Alarms Manager window and divided into several tabs: Alarms, Audio, Wake-Up, Sleep and LCD.
- Added new 'Sleep Timer' internal command, which opens a full screen LCD clock for those who like to fall asleep while listening to music,
with audio and brightness setttings in the Sleep tab of the new Alarms Manager window.
- Added new 'Auto Fade In' setting to the Audio tab of the Alarm Manager.
When enabled, audio volume always fades in from zero until the pre-determined final volume.
- You can now select multiple audio files at once when adding musics to a playlist in the Audio tab of the Alarm Manager via the Browse button.
- You can now drag & drop multiple .mp3, .wma, .wav and .mid files directly into the Audio Files listbox in the Audio tab of the Alarm Manager.
- Alarms can now follow the volume and brightness settings set in the Wake tab of the Alarm Manager or specify per-alarm volume and brightness settings.
- LCD color and Snooze time can now optionally be defined on a per-alarm base.
- Added multiple pre-defined skins to the Alarm Reminder in windowed mode, which can be selected in the new LCD tab of the Alarm Manager.
- LCD Background color can now be set as well.
- Audio can now be paused and resumed, and tracks skipped or rewound from within the LCD style alarm reminder.
- Added Settings icon to the LCD alarm reminder from where you can control Volume, Brightness and Snooze time.
- The LCD Alarm Reminder now uses weather icons that match the LCD style of the clock.
- The LCD Alarm Reminder, besides the temperature, now also displays current weather conditions.
- Battery information in the LCD Alarm Reminder has been moved to the bottom left and the new battery icon correctly displays current battery state.
- Close and Snooze buttons in an LCD Alarm Reminder, as well as the new audio control and Alarm Setting icons,
now automatically 'fade out' if the mouse pointer is moved away from the window or is not moved for a time.
- The mouse pointer in a full screen alarm reminder window is now automatically made invisible if the mouse is not moved for a time.
- LCD Alarm Reminder window can now be scaled up or down in size by up to 20%.
- Added new 'Media Player' internal command, which works with the playlists defined for alarms and is controled by a pop up media bar.
- Clicking the clock can now either show the Windows calendar or a full screen LCD clock.
- Moved the 'make a ticking sound every second' setting in Clock Settings to the 'Clock Speech and Chime Settings' dialog.
- The base transparency of icon reflections can now be adjusted.
- Exit was the button with keyboard focus when opening Preferences.
- Changing the User Interface mode to black no longer resets the Alarm LCD Colors.
- Increased the maximum text width for balloon tooltips when using the Windows 10 style to prevent Wanda cookies from getting word-wrapped mid-sentence because of the wider font used in this style.
- An application's window with a vbmodal window open on top could be minimized,
but trying to restore it again would fail, leaving no way to access that application.
- Fixed communication issue with the Winstep Windows service that could prevent the retrieval of performance data (CPU and RAM usage) for elevated processes.
- Updated Weather.com weather module codes for Honk Kong and Cheung Chau.
- When alternating between specific mouseover and launch or attention effects the first frame of the latter could glitch.
- Style of the Recycler and Email Checker modules kept being reset to Recycle Bin and Envelope, respectively.
- Fixed potential issue that could occur if an animation was playing exactly when the value returned by the timeGetTime() function wrapped around to zero or crossed the signed long boundary.
This is something that only happens once every 24.85 days, so the chances of a problem actually occuring was very,
very, small, but still within the realms of possibility.
- Fixed major issue when overlapping the number of running instances on an animated icon in the dock.
Effects could range from icon appearing cropped when animating to potential GDI+ handle leak or even crash.
- Dragging a running application icon in the right side of the dock into the left side of the dock could result in an item with the wrong application name.
- Fixed issue that could crash the application when switching to a theme with a customized Email Checker module animation.
- Fixed issue with the theme/colors of the clock and recycler modules in the dock being set incorrectly when going to the Themes tab in Preferences.
- Fixed issue with the CD Control internal command that could cause the drive to keep ejecting and closing the media multiple times until a timeout error occured.
- A full screen alarm reminder would trigger the 'full screen application running' mode.
- Fixed issue where ALT key could become stuck after activating the dock.
- Alarms set to activate only once would no longer activate at the preset time and date if Snooze was used while testing the alarm.
- Fixed issue validating the time in the Alarm Edit panel when the clock was in 12 hour format and the time was 12 PM.
- Fixed misc.UI alignment issues on high DPI settings.
- Maximum icon size has been changed from 255 to 256x256 pixels.
- Changes to the User Interface colors made in the About tab of Preferences can now be canceled.
- Using the Language Bar IC to change the locale of another window now also gives focus to the window.
- Added new optional 'Slide' animation to the User Interface.
Can be toggled in the More Options dialog of the General tab in Preferences.
- Added alternate User Interface modes to better blend with Windows 10: Dark Mode (Black), Dark Mode (Gray) and a bonus Winstep theme.
Mode can be changed in the More Options dialog of the General tab in Preferences.
- Added new white default icons to be used in Windows 10 for the Search, Windows Start Menu, Action Center and Task View internal commands.
- The Balloon tooltip now displays thumbnails of animated icon PNG strips as the first frame of the animation.
- If the Alarm is set to, say, fire on the 31st of every month,
it will now skip over the months that don't have 31 days, instead of deactivating itself.
- The new drag & drop background file copy operation would fail if one of the files had a comma in the filename.
- Fixed issue where the Recycle Bin image might not update after deleting several files on non-English versions of Windows.
- Fixed potential issues displaying the systray icons if the Windows systray was not accessible at startup.
- Fixed issue where audio might not stop playing after exiting the application.
- Modules/widgets on secondary monitors stopped updating when a full screen application was open.
Although this was deliberate in order to use as little CPU as possible when a game is running,
it should not happen if the module is on a monitor other than the one where the full screen application is running.
- Couple of User Interface images inside WsUIImageRes.DLL were accidentaly added with an opaque background.
- Under Windows 10 the Language Bar IC failed to change the current keyboard layout.
- Fixed issue that could cause a live preview thumbnail from a running application to flicker even when nothing apparently changed.
- Fixed animation issue in the Module preview tab with customized Email Checker animations.
- Light bulb image on the Tips of the Day dialog did not have a transparent background.
- The Monthly implementation of the Alarms was broken and often failed to correctly set the next activation date.
- Updated the Portuguese language file.
- Updated the Portuguese (Brazil) language file.
- Updated the Farsi language file.
- Updated the Chinese Simplified language file.
- Updated Hungarian language file (inc.).
- You can now drag & drop PNG, ICO and TIF files into folders in the dock as if they were normal files by pressing either SHIFT or CTRL while dragging.
This allows you to move and copy those files as normal instead of them being used as icon replacement images.
- Added new 'Take Picture' sound event, and default camera shutter sound file, played when the user clicks on the 'Capture Desktop' internal command.
- Added new picture quality, delay, and sound settings to the 'Capture Desktop' internal command.
- New 'Alarm Manager' internal command, opens the Alarm Manager window.
- New 'Hide Dock' internal command, hides/collapses the dock.
- You can now launch a new instance of an application appearing on the dock as running, but not pinned to it,
either by pressing SHIFT while left clicking the icon or by double clicking the icon.
- Added missing ex-Yugoslavia countries to the weather codes database.
Automatic geo-location via IP address should now work with the new countries too.
- Added many new Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Slovenia locations with associated weather codes.
- Internet/URL shortcuts are now automatically resolved into internal 'URL' type items when dropped into the dock.
This allows the source shortcuts (e.g.; shortcuts to Steam games or websites) to be later deleted from the file system without the entries in the dock stopping to work.
- The Media Control internal commands Previous, Next, Play, Pause, Stop, Mute,
Volume Up and Volume Down should now also work with media players other than WinAmp and Windows Media Player.
Please note: some media players, such as VLC and Gom Player,
must first be configured to accept global keys, i.e.; accept the keys even if the player window itself does not have the focus.
- Environment variables such as %ALLUSERSPROFILE% are now automatically expanded when launching an item.
- The first weather forecast icon now always shows the max temperature for that day, regardless of current time.
- Window preview thumbnails now automatically scale up on high DPI systems.
- Thumbnail images on balloon tooltips now now automatically scale up on high DPI systems.
- Drag & drop file operations (i.e.; dropping files into folder icons) are now performed in the background,
which makes the application remain responsive even when copying or moving multi-megabyte files.
- Added more WHOIS servers to the Active Connections dialog, and WHOIS information is now properly retrieved from the root registar.
- UWP (Universal Windows Apps) in Windows 10 are now labeled as such in the balloon information tooltips.
- When dragging & dropping an executable file directly from an Explorer folder the name of the resulting shortcut is now automatically retrieved from the file description (e.g.; iexplore.exe now becomes 'Internet Explorer' instead of just 'iexplorer').
- Windows 10 supports setting PNG files as the current desktop wallpaper, which was previously not supported on the panels in Preferences that displayed the current wallpaper as a background image (e.g.; Themes tab), resulting in a solid white background.
- The balloon tooltip of the Capture Desktop internal command now displays a thumbnail of the last screenshot taken.
- Clicking in the Themes tab in Preferences and very rapidly clicking on another tab before the Themes tab finished displaying completely could result in the Themes tab getting 'stuck'.
- Fixed retrieval of current weather conditions for when Weather.com does not provide valid current conditions information.
- The Email Checker module should now work properly with ISPs (looking at you AT&T) that do not follow the correct POP3 protocol (RFC 1939).
- Midnight in 12 hour format was being displayed as '0 AM' instead of '12 AM' in the Alarm Manager and Alarm Reminder dialogs.
- The 'x Messages Unread' report of the Email Checker on an IMAP connection was not being translated into the currently selected language.
- Information regarding the latest Email Checker connections was being incorrectly reported when opening the Email Checker Settings dialog from a context menu.
- The application could freeze for several minutes after returning from Standby on Surface Pro laptops because of the 'Connected Standby/InstantGo' power saving feature used in those laptops.
- Fixed glitchy resize of the available screen area which could happen when the dock was set to reserve screen space,
the dock was forced to automatically reduce the user preset icon size in order to fit on the screen, and a new item was added to or removed from the dock.
- System tray popups no longer appear at the left of the screen in Windows 10 and should now be correctly positioned next to the mouse pointer.
- Fixed some issues which could cause the WHOIS right click context menu command to fail on the Active Connections dialog.
- Microsoft broke drag & drop operations from the Windows Start Menu in one of the latest Windows 10 updates, which caused shortcuts dragged from the Start Menu not to be resolved properly.
This resulted in dock items of 'virtual shell item' types with low resolution icons pointing to shortcut (.lnk) files instead of directly to the target files.
- Immediately after a settings reset to factory default, the weather module tooltip would display 'Location not set'.
- Improved weather module GeoLocation for when Maxmind returns a city name not in the Weather codes database but MSN returns a different city name for that same location, which already IS in the database.
- Fixed issue which could cause a crash or data corruption while performing a WHOIS in the Active Connections dialog.
- Fixed some potential timing issues with Windows systray pop ups under Windows 10.
- Fixed some issues positioning the Windows clock calendar panel under Windows 10.
- Fixed issue that could potentially freeze Explorer when clicking on a system tray icon under Windows 10.
- Fixed issue under Windows 10 where the Windows clock calendar might not pop up if DPI scaling was not set to 100%..