- Updated Portuguese language file.
- Updated Hungarian language file.
- Added Pause, Play, Stop, Next and Previous commands to the right click context menu of the Media Player internal command.
- The application's invisible main control window is now monitored to make sure it's not made visible again by 3rd party applications.
- Added new 'Windows Settings' internal command to open the Windows 10 UWP Windows Settings panel.
- The Most Active Programs History dialog now automatically adjusts font size to make up for very large process names.
- Added new 'Show decimal place for processes' option to the settings of the CPU Meter module.
When enabled, any list of running processes - like the one shown in the Most Active Programs dialog - will display a decimal place in the percentage of CPU usage for that process (e.g.; 1.3% instead of just 1%, or 1.8% instead of just 2%).
- Added several new internal commands for accessing Windows 10 settings dialogs: Windows Settings, Apps, System, Network & Internet, Devices, Gaming, Time & Language, Accounts, Personalization, Ease of Access, Phone, Privacy, Windows Update, Search Settings and Power Options.
These new Internal Commands are all grouped under 'Internal Commands - Settings' in the insert new item right click context menus.
- Sunrise and sunset times are now correctly calculated for the MSN weather feed, which allows choosing whether to display a moon or a sun icon with nearly 100% accuracy.
- An icon pointing to Explorer.exe in the dock now only displays a running indicator if there are Explorer windows open.
- The dock can now be docked to and undocked from any screen edge and monitor by simply dragging it (users can press the ALT key while left clicking to make it easier).
When docked it will show some initial resistance to being undocked by 'shaking' when about to detach. When docking or undocking by dragging, the Detach event sounds to give the user some audio feedback.
To dock an horizontal dock drag it so the top edge touches the top screen edge or the bottom edge touches the bottom screen edge.
To dock an horizontal dock to the side of the screen so it changes orientation, slowly drag it until the mouse pointer nearly touches the desired screen edge.
To prevent the dock from accidentally docking when moving it from one monitor to another, the auto-docking mechanism is speed sensitive: move across monitors rapidly to prevent the auto-docking mechanism from kicking in.
The auto-docking/snap-to feature can be disabled in the 'More Options' dialog of the Behavior tab of Preferences.
- The width of checkboxes in the User Interface is now automatically cropped so that clicking on a blank space right after the setting description no longer toggles the setting.
- Added 'Disable simulated ALT key press when forcing windows to the foreground' setting to the More Options dialog in the General tab of Preferences.
This should be checked only if having trouble with ALT+TAB or the ALT key getting stuck.
- The Winstep Update Manager will now report hidden updates if the user performs a manual check for updates.
- Increased the transparency of the non-lit LCD digits for better readability in full screen alarms/clock/sleep timer.
- Under Windows 10 viewing the Change Log could freeze the application for a long time or even crash it with an out of memory error.
- The 'snap mouse pointer to default button' feature only worked when using the 'Standard User Interface' mode.
- Disabling or Enabling icon reflections in the dock via the right click context menu would cause icons of UWP apps to show as question marks.
- Disabling the "Do not launch multiple sessions on the same application" setting would still require the user to double click on an icon to launch another session if the 'Combine dock icons with running applications' setting was also enabled.
- The sub-menu drop down delay setting in the Behavior tab of Preferences had no effect.
- On modern systems running more than 256 simultaneous processes, the CPU hog list might not accurately reflect the applications using the most of the CPU at the time.
This was fixed in the Winstep service by doubling the limit to 512 simultaneous processes.
- Themes with no name on the INI configuration file would appear on Theme right click context menus as blank entries. They now appear labeled as 'Untitled'.
- Certain SYSTEM processes were not being enumerated properly and/or always returned 0% CPU and RAM usage.
- METAR weather information retrival is now automatically disabled if the application crashes when using a 3rd party DLL to access NOAA's website via HTTPS.
- The MSN weather feed was not reporting the correct observation time for locations outside the GMT timezone.
- The first forecast day of the MSN weather feed sometimes pointed to the previous day, which caused the 5 day forecast to be out by one day (e.g.; the forecast for Fri would appear on the Sat slot).
- Albany Airport, Australia had the wrong METAR code and was showing the conditions for Albury, Australia.
- The 'Repeat every years> option for alarms was not working properly.
- Dropping a folder into the left panel of the Media Player Settings dialog would create a playlist with the name of that folder and all the mp3 files in it, but it would miss the very first file.
- Version 2004 of Windows 10 changed the default initial dimensions of system tray pop ups which now caused them to appear off screen.
- The fix in the betas for the first forecast day of the MSN weather feed being wrong ended up corrupting the current weather conditions.
- Updated Portuguese language file.
- Updated Simplified Chinese language file.
- Under Windows 10 with Dark Mode enabled for the UI,
the color of the section category text in Preferences is always kept bright even if the currently selected Windows accent color is darker.
- Current multi-monitor configuration/profile is now saved on exit.
- Folder items set to open as menus can now be double clicked to open in an Explorer window instead.
- All the weather feeds now support HTTPS connections.
- Added new 'Light Mode' to the User Interface to match the new Windows 10 Light mode.
- When adding an URL item a default replacement icon is now used if the system does not have a usable class icon defined for HTML documents.
- By default screen edge bump activations are limited to the width of the dock to help prevent accidental activations.
Added new 'Activate along entire screen edge' option to the Edge Bump Settings dialog to disable this behavior.
- Updated Windows 10 style User Interface icons.
- Added new 'Say the Time' option to the action taken when clicking on the clock module.
- The 'Winstep Multi Media Player' helper application (WsMMPlay.exe) is now also shutdown when the application exits, just in case it needs to be updated or removed.
- Sticky Notes UWP app in Windows 10 is now handled properly in the list of running applications and when pinning it to the dock.
- The routine responsible for peeking window thumbnails could be interrupted,
which could potentially crash the application with an array locked error and leave most windows only partially visible or not visible at all, which could only be fixed by a Windows restart.
- Asus GPU Tweak II is no longer affected by AeroPeek emulation as it does not restore properly afterwards.
- The selected text effect for floating labels set in the Label Settings dialog was not being applied, the label always used the Outline effect.
- NOAA's weather feed had stopped working because the web site now enforced HTTPS access and no longer supported HTTP access.
- Fixed issue where METAR current weather conditions could show only a single 'Possible' word if no weather phenonema was present.
- Under Windows 10 the sndPlaySound Windows API call used to play event sounds was leaking memory and an handle every time it was called (for instance, every time the hide/show sound was played).
Fixed by adding the SND_SYSTEM flag which makes the sound be played by the system instead of from inside the application's own process space.
- Kb, Mb and Gb units shown throughout the application are now properly displayed as KB, MB and GB to prevent them from being confused with Kbits, Mbits and Gigabits.
- In Windows 10 it is no longer possible to capture the content of layered windows which resulted in all black thumbnails for icons of running applications.
- The next activation date of alarms set to go off yearly was not being correctly calculated.
- Updated Portuguese language file.
- Added ability to colorize icons with one of three different methods (Tint, Hue, Tone) manually with a solid color or automatically with the dominant color of the current desktop wallpaper or the system Accent color (Windows 10).
- If Weather.com returns valid weather data but N/A for the current temperature, the weather module will now fall back on the redundant MSN and Yahoo weather feeds.
- The application might fail to enter or exit a Power Saving mode when configured to do so for full screen applications if the game changed the screen resolution or otherwise signaled a display change.
- Changed shape and size of dock label balloon backgrounds.
- The Snooze duration in the Alarm Settings panel of the Alarm itself can now be set up to 24 hours (the slider counts minutes up to 59 and starts counting in hour intervals after that).
- Menus can now be manually scaled by up to 200% (More Options dialog of General tab in Preferences).
- Dock right click context menus should no longer overlap dock icons when open, especially for a dock at the bottom of the screen.
- On Windows 10 hybrid UWP/Win32 apps were not being handled properly.
They could be pinned to the dock but trying to run them would only result in an error message that the path or file is not accessible being displayed.
- The right click menu option for changing playlist of the built-in Media Player wasn't doing anything if a music was playing or the Media Player was paused.
- Fixed several misc.visual issues related to menu scaling on high DPI settings.
- New Arabic language file.
- Updated the Hungarian language file.
- Updated Portuguese language file.
- The balloon tooltip of the 'Check for Updates' internal command now displays the last check for updates date as 'yesterday at' or 'today at' instead of the full date if the last check for updates occured less than 48 hours ago.
- The 'Task Manager' internal command now also appears in the 'System' category.
- You can now disable voices independently of sounds and vice-versa.
- Added new 'Tone' colorization method to colorize black and white (monochrome) background bitmaps.
- Added new 'Colorize with Windows Accent Color' option (Windows 10 only).
- Added new 'Now Playing' right click context menu option to the Media Player internal command, allowing a song in the currently selected playlist to be selected and immediately played.
- Added 'Repeat every x days/months/years' setting to the alarms.
- Adjusted the position of dock icon labels for docks not using the magnify effect so the label does not 'sit on the edge' of the dock background bitmap.
- The 'Task Manager' internal command was not working on Windows 10.
- A dock set to auto-hide for maximized applications when always on top could fail to activate when the maximized application was no longer maximized if the dock was also set to display running applications.
- Fixed 'Respect space reserved by other docks, toolbars and screen objects' not respecting the space reserved by toolbars perpendicular to the dock.
- Fixed issue with the names of themes on a Themes context menu if the Themes tab in Preferences was currently open.
- The 'Colorize text' option in the Color Settings dialog was not being applied.
- Colorizing a dock background via the Color Settings dialog in the Themes tab did not update the preview image.
- Fixed issue where the alarm could fail to fire is set to midnight exactly.
- Moving icons in the dock via drag & drop caused the delete animation and delete sound effect to be played.
- Fixed glitch with UI scrolling in the Alarms Editor dialog that would happen if the mousewheel (instead of clicking) was used to change the Schedule combo box.
- Fixed potential issue when switching from the Themes tab in Preferences before the tab had a chance to load completely.
- Updated Greek language file.
- Updated Indonesian language file.
- Updated Chinese Simplified language file.
- Updated Portuguese language file.
- Updated Portuguese (Brazil) language file.
- You can now drag & drop multiple .m3u playlist files into the Audio Files listbox in the Audio tab of the Alarm Manager and the Media Player Settings dialog.
The audio files in the playlist are automatically retrieved and added to the currently selected playlist in the Playlists listbox.
- You can now drag & drop multiple .m3u playlist files into the Playlists listbox in the Audio tab of the Alarm Manager and the Media Player settings dialog.
This automatically creates equivalent playlists in the Playlists listbox.
- You can now drag & drop multiple folders into the Audio Files listbox in the Audio tab of the Alarm Manager and the Media Player Settings dialog.
The audio files in the folders are automatically retrieved and added to the currently selected playlist in the Playlists listbox.
- You can now drag & drop multiple folders into the Playlists listbox in the Audio tab of the Alarm Manager and the Media Player settings dialog.
This automatically creates playlists with the name of those folders in the Playlists listbox and adds to each of those playlists the audio files inside each of the respective folders.
- Removed 'Save' and 'Save As' buttons from the Audio tab of the Alarm Manager and the Media Player settings dialog.
Playlists and their contents are now automatically saved.
When clicking the New button, the application immediately asks for the name of the new playlist.
- Clicking on a Playlist in the Media Player Settings dialog now selects that playlist for playing.
- Clicking on the Media Player icon when the audio is paused now automatically restarts the audio without opening the media control bar.
- Increased the horizontal size of the Playlist and Audio list boxes and moved the control buttons to the bottom in the Audio tab of the Alarm Manager and the Media Player settings dialog.
- The Media Player icon in the Media Player Settings dialog doesn't glow when playing audio if the 'Glow when playing' setting is disabled.
- Added another layer of redundancy to initial Weather module GEOIP localization by adding suport for Weather.com's Search API.
- Added new user definable URL for Weather.com's Search API to the Advanced dialog of the Weather Settings panel and also a warning not to change those values unless requested to do so.
- Volume slider in the Media Player Settings panel now affects the volume in real time if the Media Player is currently playing audio.
- The Media Player no longer resets the audio after pressing OK in the Media Player settings dialog, unless changes have been made to playlists or another audio file has been selected.
- Mouseover, Launch and Attention effects can now all be selected and set in the Effects panel without having to close the panel first.
- The Effects tab in Preferences now displays a visual representation of the currently selected Mouseover, Launch and Attention effects.
Different effects can be selected and visualized by clicking on the arrows or through the Effects panel, accessible by clicking on the icon itself.
- Moved the 'Edge Bump Settings' and 'Edge Swipe Settings' buttons in the dock Behavior tab to the Activation Setttings dialog.
- Added the 'Show Balloon Tooltip...' settings to the 'More Options' dialog of the dock Behavior tab.
- Moved the 'Blur Settings' button from the Effects tab to the Appearance tab.
- Added 'Disable dock scaling on hight DPI settings' and 'Disable menu scaling on high DPI settings' options to the Appearance tab.
- Moved the 'Edge Bump Settings' and 'Edge Slide Settings' buttons from the Behavior tab to the Activation Settings dialog.
- Moved the Animation Speed slider and Animation type settings from the Auto-Hide Settings to the Activation Settings dialog.
- Moved the 'Full Screen Exclusion List' button to the Activation Settings dialog.
- Moved the 'Auto-hide for maximized applications wehn always on top' from the Position to the Behavior tab.
- Removed the 'Bring dock forward...' settings from the Position tab since they are duplicated in the Activation Settings dialog.
- Added new 'Grab focus when activated' setting (enabled by default) to the Activation Settings dialog so users can make the dock NOT grab the focus when activated.
- Changed the timings of the 'Duration' setting for the Sonic Boom effect.
- The Unhandled Exception Manager now lists nested exceptions and offers more information for Access Violation errors.
- Added new 'Playlists' right click context menu option to the Media Player internal command, allowing an existing playlist to be selected and played without having to open the Media Player Settings panel.
- Speeded up a bit the rendering of animated icons on a magnifying dock with icon reflections by not rebuilding the reflections when the icon is magnified (since the reflections would never be seen anyway).
- Added new 'Delete Effect' category, with 11 different effects available to play when an icon is deleted (22 in Nexus Ultimate and Winstep Xtreme).
- Added new 'Delete Effect' category to the right click 'Effects' context menu.
- Added new 'Accept drag and drop icon customization only when ALT key is pressed' setting to the 'More Options' dialog of the Behavior tab in Preferences. Normally dropping a PNG, ICO or TIF file into a dock item will customize the icon of that item with the dropped image, but because documents can also be launched with a specific application by dropping them into an item, enabling this setting allows the opening of PNG, TIF and ICO files instead unless the ALT key is pressed.
- Added new 'Show Minimized Applications Only' setting. When enabled the dock only shows running applications that are currently minimized, and the buttons from those applications are removed from the taskbar.
This way 'active' applications appear in the taskbar and currently minimized applications appear on the dock.
- When the dock is showing running applications and is activated, the list of running applications in it now already appears up-to-date, instead of the dock re-synching only AFTER the activation animation.
- You can now drag and drop m3u playlist files and audio files directly into the Media Player icon.
- The Media Player Control Bar now also displays the current audio volume. Volume can be directly adjusted when the bar is open via the mouse scrollwheel (or the media control keys on the keyboard).
- Added several optional overlays to the Alarm Reminder window besides the default glass reflection: water drops, condensation, frost, ice, dirt, broken glass, flare, rainbow, christmas and halloween.
Glass reflections can now also be disabled by setting the overlay to 'None'.
- When using drag & drop the insertion point now only appears when the mouse pointer is moved into an area in-between icons.
This makes opening documents by dropping them directly into an application icon and customizing icons by dropping PNG files a little less cumbersome.
- Added optional 'Rain Effect' to LCD Alarms.
- The Media Player icon now flashes a subtle 'Pause' symbol when paused.
- The name of the dock can now be set in the Contents tab of Preferences.
- The Alarm Manager now displays 'No Alarms Defined' in the alarms list when no alarms have been defined yet.
- Added Cancel button to the Alarm Manager dialog. Only changes to settings can be canceled, not changes to the alarms themselves.
- Renaming a playlist now automatically updates all pointers to the old file name in the alarms and the Media Player.
- Editing an alarm with an audio file now displays the end of the audio filename in the 'Play Audio File' field instead of the beginning, to make it easier to recognize which playlist or audio file that alarm is associated to.
- LCD Alarms now remember their initial positions when toggling between window and Full Screen.
- WsMMPlay.exe is now launched ansynchronously whenever it's not already running and the application needs to play a media file - this prevents the application from temporarily blocking while Windows is busy launching the media player.
- The dialog was not being notified when audio had stopped playing after pressing the Play button in the Media Player Settings dialog.
- Fixed some potential form painting issues when moving the volume slider in the Media Player Settings panel.
- Alarms action description and activation dates in the Alarm Manager could be wrong if the alarms were not sorted by creation date.
- If 'Combine dock icons with running applications' was enabled, dragging a document over an icon on the left side of the dock (i.e.; one with a running indicator) was NOT bringing the associated window/application forward, forcing you to use ALT+Tab instead.
- The LED lights in the Glossy Black Alarm Bezel did not appear centered horizontally when the Alarm was resized.
- Alarm Bezel previews did not fit entirely in the preview box when their size was set to 120%.
- Alarm Manager tab headers were not being translated.
- The Media Player icon was not displaying the 'glow' effect when playing.
- Attention effect might not play under certain conditions.
- Fixed issues where settings existing on more than one tab in Preferences where not being carried over when switching tabs if the User Interface slide animation was enabled.
- The application's small control window, which should never be visible, would sometimes appear on the user's desktop, perhaps by interference of a 3rd party application.
It has now also been moved outside the viewable area.
- Added a description in the Windows Services Panel to the Winstep service used to perform operations that require admin privileges (install theme fonts, adjust the time, fast boot, etc...).
- Added code to help troubleshoot problems with the service.
- If there is an Internet connection available but an undetermined error occurred,
the 'Check Internet Connection' dialog in the TroubleShooting Options dialog will now also return the Winsock error message.
- The Alarm Manager now displays an Audio symbol if that alarm has an associated audio file or playlist.
- The application now uses customized Message boxes to match the current User Interface mode.
- Improved the performance of the Alarms Manager dialog in terms of CPU usage.
- Command Buttons in Dark or Gray UI modes now become highlighted when they have the focus.
- Pressing the ALT shift key while the Capture Desktop internal command takes a screenshot will capture only the active window instead of the whole desktop.
- The name of the last screenshot taken by the Capture Desktop internal command is now persistent between sessions.
- The right-click context menu of the Capture Desktop internal command now has options to Browse the folder the last screenshot was saved to in a menu,
open the folder in Explorer, or open the screenshot.
- Browse folder sub-menus now show item icons where the menu theme allows.
- The Balloon tooltip now also displays the number of frames in an animated icon.
- Added two power saving modes, normal and Ultra,
for conserving power when running on battery.
Can be set manually in the Advanced tab of Preferences,
via a new 'Power Saving Mode' internal command toggle,
or automatically when battery levels reach a certain percentage or,
under Windows 10, when the system Battery Saver activates.
Each power mode has separate voice and/or sound notifications.
- Added new 'Power Saving Mode' internal command to toggle between the 3 different power modes (off, on, ultra).
The icon is gray when power saving is disabled, green when enabled, and red when ultra is active.
- Moved the 'User Interface Mode' button to the About tab in Preferences.
- Added high DPI support to the dock by default and a new 'Disable dock scaling on high DPI settings' option in the More Options dialog of the General tab in Preferences.
High DPI support is enabled by default on new installations and disabled by default on existing installations.
- Replaced the rotating earth Email Checker module style with a smoother higher resolution animation.
- Added full keyboard support to the dock: use arrow keys to select an icon, Enter to launch currently selected icon, Esc to unselect.
- Added new Full Screen Application exclusion list.
Activation methods such as edge bumps and hotkeys are normally automatically disabled when another application is running full screen to prevent accidental activations while,
for instance, playing a game, etc...
With the new exclusion list you can exclude specific applications (for instance, a Media Player application on a PC Home Theater environment) from this rule.
This way you can assign a keyboard shortcut to activate the dock while the full screen Media Player is running,
then use the arrow keys to navigate the dock and launch movies, applications, etc...
- The drop down portion of a monitor selection combo box is now wide enough to hold the longest monitor name in a multi-monitor system.
- Added new 'Animated icons play full animation on mouseover' setting to the Performance vs. Memory usage dialog.
This setting, disabled by default for performance reasons (animated icons usually have very long animations,
which, together with the dock magnify effect being combined with other mouseover effects, can result in a somewhat noticeable performance hit),
enables animated icons set to animate only on mouseover to finish their animations even when the mouse pointer has already moved away from the icon.
- Disabled 'Integer Overflow Checks' on compiled code and optimized a few critical routines, which should result in a 5%-10% overall performance increase.
- Added option (enabled by default) to automatically enable Ultra Power Saving mode when the monitor enters standby.
- Added option (disabled by default) to automatically enable normal Power Saving mode when a full screen application is running.
This ensures the Winstep application uses 75% less CPU than normal when, for instance, running a game, while still remaining fully functional.
- Non-native dock themes now also display the author's name in the Theme preview panel when that info is available.
- Added new 'Fast Boot' internal command to toggle Fast Boot.
- Default dock in Windows 10 now features a 'Fast Boot' internal command icon to alert users to the existence of this feature.
- If 'Do not launch sessions of the same application' is enabled,
clicking the icon of an application that is already running will now minimize it if it is already in the foreground (as it already happens when the dock is set to display running applications) or bring it to the foreground otherwise.
- Made some misc.improvements to the Net Meter code.
- Changed colorization method for particle mouse over effects from tint to shift hue, as this also preserves whites.
- If the 'Ignore edge bumps near the titlebar button area of maximized windows' setting is enabled,
edge bumps near the taskabar's Start Button area are also ignored.
- Double clicking an Alarm Reminder will now toggle it between full screen and windowed.
- The scrollwheel in the mouse can now be used to dim an LCD alarm reminder or change the volume.
- Added new 'Sleep Timer' internal command, which runs WorkShelf's new Sleep Timer full screen clock.
- Alarms can now be filtered so only active alarms are shown.
- Alarms can now be sorted by creation date or activation date, in ascending or descending order.
- Alarm Settings have now been merged into the Alarms Manager window and divided into several tabs: Alarms, Audio, Wake-Up, Sleep and LCD.
- Added new 'Sleep Timer' internal command, which opens a full screen LCD clock for those who like to fall asleep while listening to music,
with audio and brightness setttings in the Sleep tab of the new Alarms Manager window.
- Added new 'Auto Fade In' setting to the Audio tab of the Alarm Manager.
When enabled, audio volume always fades in from zero until the pre-determined final volume.
- You can now select multiple audio files at once when adding musics to a playlist in the Audio tab of the Alarm Manager via the Browse button.
- You can now drag & drop multiple .mp3, .wma, .wav and .mid files directly into the Audio Files listbox in the Audio tab of the Alarm Manager.
- Alarms can now follow the volume and brightness settings set in the Wake tab of the Alarm Manager or specify per-alarm volume and brightness settings.
- LCD color and Snooze time can now optionally be defined on a per-alarm base.
- Added multiple pre-defined skins to the Alarm Reminder in windowed mode, which can be selected in the new LCD tab of the Alarm Manager.
- LCD Background color can now be set as well.
- Audio can now be paused and resumed, and tracks skipped or rewound from within the LCD style alarm reminder.
- Added Settings icon to the LCD alarm reminder from where you can control Volume, Brightness and Snooze time.
- The LCD Alarm Reminder now uses weather icons that match the LCD style of the clock.
- The LCD Alarm Reminder, besides the temperature, now also displays current weather conditions.
- Battery information in the LCD Alarm Reminder has been moved to the bottom left and the new battery icon correctly displays current battery state.
- Close and Snooze buttons in an LCD Alarm Reminder, as well as the new audio control and Alarm Setting icons,
now automatically 'fade out' if the mouse pointer is moved away from the window or is not moved for a time.
- The mouse pointer in a full screen alarm reminder window is now automatically made invisible if the mouse is not moved for a time.
- LCD Alarm Reminder window can now be scaled up or down in size by up to 20%.
- Added new 'Media Player' internal command, which works with the playlists defined for alarms and is controled by a pop up media bar.
- Clicking the clock can now either show the Windows calendar or a full screen LCD clock.
- Moved the 'make a ticking sound every second' setting in Clock Settings to the 'Clock Speech and Chime Settings' dialog.
- The base transparency of icon reflections can now be adjusted.
- Exit was the button with keyboard focus when opening Preferences.
- Changing the User Interface mode to black no longer resets the Alarm LCD Colors.
- Increased the maximum text width for balloon tooltips when using the Windows 10 style to prevent Wanda cookies from getting word-wrapped mid-sentence because of the wider font used in this style.
- An application's window with a vbmodal window open on top could be minimized,
but trying to restore it again would fail, leaving no way to access that application.
- Fixed communication issue with the Winstep Windows service that could prevent the retrieval of performance data (CPU and RAM usage) for elevated processes.
- Updated Weather.com weather module codes for Honk Kong and Cheung Chau.
- When alternating between specific mouseover and launch or attention effects the first frame of the latter could glitch.
- Style of the Recycler and Email Checker modules kept being reset to Recycle Bin and Envelope, respectively.
- Fixed potential issue that could occur if an animation was playing exactly when the value returned by the timeGetTime() function wrapped around to zero or crossed the signed long boundary.
This is something that only happens once every 24.85 days, so the chances of a problem actually occuring was very,
very, small, but still within the realms of possibility.
- Fixed major issue when overlapping the number of running instances on an animated icon in the dock.
Effects could range from icon appearing cropped when animating to potential GDI+ handle leak or even crash.
- Dragging a running application icon in the right side of the dock into the left side of the dock could result in an item with the wrong application name.
- Fixed issue that could crash the application when switching to a theme with a customized Email Checker module animation.
- Fixed issue with the theme/colors of the clock and recycler modules in the dock being set incorrectly when going to the Themes tab in Preferences.
- Fixed issue with the CD Control internal command that could cause the drive to keep ejecting and closing the media multiple times until a timeout error occured.
- A full screen alarm reminder would trigger the 'full screen application running' mode.
- Fixed issue where ALT key could become stuck after activating the dock.
- Alarms set to activate only once would no longer activate at the preset time and date if Snooze was used while testing the alarm.
- Fixed issue validating the time in the Alarm Edit panel when the clock was in 12 hour format and the time was 12 PM.
- Fixed misc.UI alignment issues on high DPI settings.
- Maximum icon size has been changed from 255 to 256x256 pixels.
- Changes to the User Interface colors made in the About tab of Preferences can now be canceled.
- Using the Language Bar IC to change the locale of another window now also gives focus to the window.
- Added new optional 'Slide' animation to the User Interface.
Can be toggled in the More Options dialog of the General tab in Preferences.
- Added alternate User Interface modes to better blend with Windows 10: Dark Mode (Black), Dark Mode (Gray) and a bonus Winstep theme.
Mode can be changed in the More Options dialog of the General tab in Preferences.
- Added new white default icons to be used in Windows 10 for the Search, Windows Start Menu, Action Center and Task View internal commands.
- The Balloon tooltip now displays thumbnails of animated icon PNG strips as the first frame of the animation.
- If the Alarm is set to, say, fire on the 31st of every month,
it will now skip over the months that don't have 31 days, instead of deactivating itself.
- The new drag & drop background file copy operation would fail if one of the files had a comma in the filename.
- Fixed issue where the Recycle Bin image might not update after deleting several files on non-English versions of Windows.
- Fixed potential issues displaying the systray icons if the Windows systray was not accessible at startup.
- Fixed issue where audio might not stop playing after exiting the application.
- Modules/widgets on secondary monitors stopped updating when a full screen application was open.
Although this was deliberate in order to use as little CPU as possible when a game is running,
it should not happen if the module is on a monitor other than the one where the full screen application is running.
- Couple of User Interface images inside WsUIImageRes.DLL were accidentaly added with an opaque background.
- Under Windows 10 the Language Bar IC failed to change the current keyboard layout.
- Fixed issue that could cause a live preview thumbnail from a running application to flicker even when nothing apparently changed.
- Fixed animation issue in the Module preview tab with customized Email Checker animations.
- Light bulb image on the Tips of the Day dialog did not have a transparent background.
- The Monthly implementation of the Alarms was broken and often failed to correctly set the next activation date.