Associate file extensions
- In options you can now assign the icon to be displayed in Explorer, for your associated file type. There are several text document icons to choose from, including the default program icon.
- Associate file extensions should work better now on Windows 10/11 as well.
- If a file extension was previously associated with a different program, you may have to open a file with that extension and select RJ TextEd as the default app, when Windows asks which app to use.
- The option for passive connection is now always checked when creating a new profile.
- FTP file size display error.
Clone document window
- There are some important changes in this version.
- A cloned tab, or document window, is an exact copy of the original tab.
- Undo/redo history, bookmarks, code folds etc. are all copied to the new document window.
- Tabs are now opened at the end of the tab row and always in alphabetical order.
- Added a menu item to the tab-bar context menu to sort all tabs.
- Made some changes when the program close and re-start.
- The search result panel is closed and not re-opened at program startup.
- Multiple document tab views are closed and not re-opened at startup.
- A Korean language file has been added.
- Select Korean in "Environment->Languages".
- File Commander: Path display in right pane.
- Misc minor issues reported or found while coding.
- A separate connection is now always created when saving a remote file.
- In previous versions, an existing connection was used if available.
- The lists are now rebuilt when switching to the file commander tab. This
- will update the modified dates and possibly other changes done
- while on the editor tab.
- Made some changes to code and added more validations. Abort should work
- now as well (I hope).
- Word wrap issue with variable width fonts.
- A few high DPI issues.
- Fixed a few issues in the color selection dialog
Emmet abbreviations (HTML)
- Tags are first validated before expanded.
- E.g. p[tab] should expand to but xyz[tab] should not expand to <xyz></xyz>. xyz is not a valid HTML tag.
Reload current document
- All code folds are now opened and document re-scanned for folding areas.
Import/Export highlighter colors
- Some items were not imported/exported properly, using the themes manager. I've added some missing items.
- Issues with large files and really large lines.
- Several highlighting issues.
- Some position issues with Mini Toolbar.
Digital code signing
- All executables and install scripts are now digitally signed. This should help with some antivirus programs and any issues you may have when downloading and installing the program.
Selection mini toolbar
- Added a mini toolbar that is displayed when making a selection. It fades away after a short while, or if you press the left mouse button.
- Added an option to turn the mini toolbar on or off.
- Updated the CSS syntax files and made some highlighting changes.
- The file css.xml was added in the syntax folder. The file is provided by microsoft and renamed from css-scheme.xml to css.xml. It contain most items needed for auto completion and hints.
- Added a new option in syntax files to turn on/off sorting in the auto completion list (AutoCompleteSort=0|1).
- Made some internal changes in the paint function and the move cursor function when using folding.
- A few FTP save issues.
- Auto completion hint flicker.
- Word wrap issue.
- Restart Windows issues when program is still running.
- Selection color issue with plain text files.
- Find issues.
- Misc issues while coding.
- Added 2 new themes to the "Environment - Themes" menu.
- Made some more optimizations to speed up browsing directories..
- Favorites menu in FTP panel missing.
- Made some changes in "Replace All" undo code.
- Selection issue.
Zoom (CTRL+MouseWheel Up/Down)
- Added a new menu item in the "View" menu named "Zoom" with sub-menu items to zoom in, zoom out and reset zoom. You can also use the mouse wheel while pressing the CTRL key.
Zoom will affect all open documents, as well as new or opened documents. The zoom value is saved between sessions. Use "Reset zoom" to undo any zooming you have done.
Note that zoom will not change the font size you have set in options.
- Fixed some display issues when connected to a remote site.
FTP Profile manager
- Passwords are now shown as a masked string (***).
- Made some minor changes to the maximize window code.
- Made some minor additions to the FTP client code.
Vertical line at cursor position
- Added an option in the view menu to "Show vertical line at cursor position".
The line can be a dotted or solid line and is displayed at the current text cursor position.
You can change the color and style in "Environment->Themes->Customize...".
- Added a new right click context menu to the FTP panel that contains the following menu items:
I also made some optimizations to speed some things up a bit and fixed a few issues.
- Language display issue when opening document tab as an external window.
- Heredoc highlight issue in bash documents.
- External compare of remote files.
- Issue when trying to open remote files several times.
- Add favorite dialog will ask you for both a name and a path.
Text comparison (text diff)
- Made some visual changes in the row compare panel. Tabs and spaces should now be displayed to help see the difference between the two current rows.
- Fixed a few issues.
- Close document tab issue when tab is close to the right edge.
- Maximize issues.
- Open a session may close the program when certain options are enabled.
- The highlight color is now different for each word or selected phrase you want to highlight. So if you select e.g. 3 different words - they will be highlighted using different colors.
- You can now highlight matching braces as bold, underlined or framed. With or without a background color. You can also use a background only if you set the type to "None".
- Options can be found in [Environment/Themes/Customize...].
- Also fixed a few issues with background color.
- Fixed an issue with regular expressions.
- Added a menu item to the editor context menu.
- (It was previously only available in the Search->Highlight menu)
- Fixed some issues with open file dialog.
- Updated the bash highlighter to add functions to the code explorer. Changed how folding works and how strings are highlighted.
- Chinese language issue in installer.
- Possible FTP reconnect issue with "Keep alive".
- Install issue when using standard user accounts.
- Some minor issues found while coding.
- Updated PHP syntax to handle execution operators
- You can now use Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab to switch between tabs
- Calling editor with command line switches when the editor is already open
- Alt shortcuts in search dialog
- XML fold issue
- Syntax editor theme issue
- Issue with linebreaks in selection of empty lines
- Issues when "Run as administrator"
- Goto matching bracket should work even if brace highlighting is disabled