- Indent lines are now always drawn at a tab position, regardless of how your code is indented. This makes it easier to properly align your code.
Highlighting matching braces
- Matching braces are now underscored using the brace highlighting foreground color, set in theme manager. And the brace background is set to the brace highlighting background color.
Compare files using external compare tool
- The document is saved if modified and the files on disk are used for comparison if possible.
The editor should allow you to reload the document if it was changed by the external tool.
- Fixed a few issues.
Color dialog window
- Adding or pasting a color value to the edit box should work now as expected.
- Fixed a few issues.
- File Explorer panel refresh issue.
- File Commander refresh issue.
- PHP tag highlighting.
Clipboard keyboard actions
- Added new keyboard actions to copy and paste from any user clipboard.
Open "Customize keyboard..." to assign keyboard shortcuts to copy to clipboard x and paste from clipboard x.
- Reduced flicker in customize keyboard list view when themes are used.
- File Commander error message.
File Explorer Panels
- Updated the controls and fixed a few DPI issues when moving the program between monitors.
- Updated the controls and fixed a view issue.
File modified by external program
- A warning is displayed if the file on disk has been modified by another program.
You are now given the option to "Always" reload the file, if it has been modified.
- NOTE! If you reload the file you will loose all additions you've made since the last time you saved the document.
- Can't selected "Windows" theme.
- Updated component and libraries to version 83.0.4103.
- FTP (sites)
- Made some extensive changes to the download/upload threads.
They should display a more meaningful progress dialog window, be much faster and handle hidden files and folders.
- All FTP operations should handle hidden files and folders properly now.
That includes the sites panel and synchronizations.
Code folding and syntax files:
- Made a complete re-write of the code folding feature.
It is now (mostly) indention based.
Which means you don't have to add anything to the syntax files for the folding to work.
- If you need to tweak it a bit and add items to the code explorer - you still need to add some data in the syntax files.
- Line comments spanning more than 3 lines are now fold-able as well as normal block comments.
- Indention based folding can be turned off in the syntax file (fold options section).
This can be useful when you only want a few elements to be foldable and you want to use a specific start and end.
- It is also possible to turn off folding of line comment blocks.
- All syntax files have been updated.
- Fixed several issues with the code explorer.
Code folding options:
- Added new options to reduce the number of folds displayed.
- Only display necessary folds like for classes and methods...
Use this to hide some folds like if statements and loops.
- Ignore folds spanning less than x lines. Default is 5.
Important folds like classes and methods are always displayed.
But other smaller folds are ignored if they span less than the specified number of lines.
- Both options can be very helpful if you find the left margin cluttered with fold icons.
They can both greatly reduce the number of folds and fold icons displayed.
Code fold icons:
- Added a few smaller versions of existing fold icons.
You can select them in the theme manager.
High DPI and themes:
- Fixed several theme issues on high DPI screens and when moving between monitors.
- Most themes (vcl styles) have been updated to newer versions which include high resolution bitmaps for use on high DPI monitors.
- Made some small changes and made some improvements to the theme preview on high DPI monitors.
- Single quotes in custom attributes should expand properly now. E.g. td[title='Hello world!' colspan=3]
- Several code explorer issues.
- Several code folding issues.
- Close file(s) issue.
- Copy and paste issue.
- Dead files in projects.
- Issue when using virtual desktops.
- Syntax highlight issue in CSS and LESS.
- monitor current file issue.
- Synchronized scroll issues.
- Shell context menu issues.
- Save status for plain text files.
- Theme loading issue.
- Many misc issues reported or found during testing.
Online validation (HTML, CSS)
- Added new online validators to the HTML menu.
Validators are: HTML5 Validator, W3C HTML Validator and W3C CSS Validator.
- Programming ligatures should display properly now after some minor changes.
Ligatures are used with fonts that supports them, like Fira Code or Cascadia Code.
- Close editor if all open files are closed.
- Allow one instance on each virtual desktop (Windows 10). This option only work if you close all open instances and restart the editor.
- Rearranged a few menu items in the HTML menu.
- Made changes to the line diff view in compare documents view.
- Clipboard issue with very large clips.
- SFTP download issue (and drag n drop).
- Misc reported issues.
- Updated a few visual components.
- Changed toolbar images in print preview.
- Error message that may occur using the 32-bit version of the program.
- Call stack issue with bug reports on the 32-bit version.
- An issue with manually changing highlighter.
- Some High DPI issues in print preview window.
- Fixed a few help hints in options (translations are still missing).