- This update includes several system changes that will affect stability and security.
Some of changes will improve look and style.
- Added new versioning policy: from now on version number will start with two digits - year of release, and two next digits will mean build number.
The dot will be removed (but will remain in technical information).
- Improved user interface of several system screens.
- Improved uninstaller module: it was signed by code signing certificate to prevent security issues.
Previously, unsigned executable could rise warning message in your antivirus, but this is now resolved.
- Fixed issue with the blinking menu icon.
It should and it will blink, but will not crash anymore.
- This update includes several bug fixes that were discovered with the initial release one week ago.
Please accept our apologies! If you will notice anything else that crashing our app - please let us know!
As you can see - we are fixing any issues quickly, and we can update our app every week, if needed.
NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Improved design, now look and style of 2021.
- Added Dutch translation of the user interface (partial), big thanks to our volunteer Peter Medemblik.
- Removed almost 4K of programming codes that were useless.
This will improve performance and reduce software conflicts.
- Removed statistics function, less information will be processed.
- Added new function to search for software updates manually.
At any time, as you wish.
You can access this option from the menu which is available under icon at the top right corner of an app's window.
Note that automatic updates also enabled, thus there is no need to use this new option until you want it "right here, right now"...
- Added new option to turn off "typing effect" which you see in the title bar while the program loading or changing scenes.
You can find this option by clicking system menu icon on the top right side of the program's window, then click menu option "About the app".
This option can improve performance of slow computers or you can turn it off if you simply don't like it.
- Improved programming code in the few main functions for better performance.
- Improved cryptography algorithm to handle possible errors, this could reduce bugs or (at least) inform us about them using friendly interface.
We made this change because we were informed by group of users having issues with cryptography module.
- BUG FIXES AND REMOVED FUNCTIONS
- Fixed bug when disabled typing effect result in overload of title bar.
- Fixed bug that displays wrong version number in "About" window.
- Removed encryption module; it was never used (less code - less bugs).
- Removed statistics function, the app will work a little bit faster.
- This release includes only one change that was promised with previous release - we have enabled second mode "full overwrite".
This mode will provide you an option to completely overwrite free disk space to prevent any recovery.
We will keep improving this mode in next releases.
- Introducing to you initial release of the program.
- This release includes several bug fixes and a new code signing certificate.
The old one has expired and with this release we are replacing it to a new one.
This update should be installed by all users because software can stop working shortly with an old certificate (security measure of Windows OS).
That's why it is important to keep all your software up to date.
- In this release we are improving some visual experience with the program.
Some elements were moved, replaced and removed.
Generally, you will not notice big difference, but as we think it give us feel of refresh and a little bit more organized navigation.
- New code signing certificate against malicious software.