- Windows 11 support has been added. All the build-in icons were re-drawn to match Windows 11 icon style.
- “Additional” icon set was updated. We have re-drawn the App logos to the modern view and added 13 more icons. So now, the Additional icon set contains 75 icons.
- Optimized work with ICL files. Now Folder Marker applies icons from ICL files muuuuch faster. Speed increase might be up to 30x for ICL files with 500+ icons inside.
- Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, Filipino, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Ukrainian translations were updated.
- Registration key checking algorithm updated. Now Folder Marker will fix some typical typos when entering the registration key.
- Bug fixed: “Can't change the folder icon. You don't have rights to write to this folder” error if you assigned an icon to a network folder without the “Make Folders Distributable by Default” option turned on.
- Bug fixed: IconResource parameter was ignored in desktop.ini during icon customization.
- Bug fixed: Double-click on a custom tab that didn’t allow you to rename it if you had not 100% size settings in your system.
- Bug fixed: No right-click “Mark Folder” menu on clean OS after installation.
- Bug fixed: Absolute path to the icon file in desktop.ini if “Make customized folder distributable” option is turned on.
- Bug fixed: The file name was used as a Tag instead of an icon name when the icon was assigned from the ICL file.
- Bug fixed: Access violation error in Pro version 4.5.1.
- Bug fixed: in Free edition Mark Folder popup menu didn’t change the icons
- Bug fixed: The script, informing about an update, got the data in the wrong format
- Added the ability to use your JPG and PNG images as folder icons.
It can be useful if, for example, you want to organize your movie collection by replacing the movie folders with movie posters.
- The speed of applying the distributable icons by the program has been increased when working with multiple folders. According to our tests, the difference is ? up to 63x times!
- The main window of the program can be maximized to full screen now.
- Added the item "Skip this version" to the window showing information about updates.
- Added/updated translations: Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Japanese, Polish, Turkish.
- Improved the appearance of the program on machines with larger fonts.
- The program is now tidier with the modified Mark Folder menu.
Now, when you reset the registration or install updates that are not supported by your license, the menu is not overwritten to the standard one.
- The optimized application launch code. Now the program opens slightly faster and takes up less memory.
- The window with information about updates has become more beautiful and larger for convenient familiarization with innovations
- Bug fixed: "Backup" did not take into account the removal of the checkbox next to the folder.
As a result, only a full backup of all changes was created: it was impossible to make a partial backup.
- Bug fixed: "Access violation" when using the icon from the "Recent item" in some cases.
- Bug fixed: "Progress form" displaying under the main program window in some cases.
- Bug fixed: An attempt to write a backup file to "Program Files" if the user manually entered only the file name without the full address of its location.
- The translation file has been supplemented with new lines that had not been translated before, several translation errors have been fixed.
The translation files themselves are provided with comments that will help translators make more accurate translations.
- Bug fixed: "Progress bar" was not shown when the "Rollback all changes" item was running. And that took a long time.
- Bug fixed: If you add an icon to the "Custom" tab and then delete the file, the icon plate in the "Custom" tab displays an empty space.
- Now the program works correctly with HTTPS links.
- Bug fixed: The program did not apply the icon if the icon was in a folder with umlauts in the name.
- Several memory leaks have been identified and fixed.
- Other minor fixes and improvements. In total, 91 fixes were made to the program of varying complexity in this version.
- The bug was fixed: List Index Out of Bounds (0) appearing from time to time.
- Translations where updated: German, Filipino, Hungarian, Indonesian, Korean, Vietnamese, Lithuanian, Turkish, Russian.
- New interface translations are added: Ukrainian and Portuguese.
- Ability to sort, group, and filter marked folders in Windows Explorer was added.
- Full Unicode support has been added.
Now you can mark folders named with Unicode symbols.
- We added the "Recent" section to the "Mark Folder" popup menu.
It speed-ups the process of folder labeling with custom icons.
- Ability to change the order of the icons on custom tabs was added.
- Now Folder Marker saves the state of the interface (Work with a single folder or work with multiple folders) between sessions.
- Ability to deactivate license on your PC was added, so you can re-use your license if you need to move to another computer.
- Customized "Mark Folder" menu is backed-uo during an update.
- Filipino, Turkish, and Lithuanian interface translations are added
- The bug was fixed: Access Violation if you add .ico file to custom tab
- The bug was fixed: ' ' is not a valid integer when you click on custom tab
- The bug was fixed: Different fonts in About window
- The bug was fixed: If font size is set to 125% not all the information fits a window
- The bug was fixed: Active Tab is changed after change of interface language
- The bug was fixed: Font of the main window and other windows was changed for ClearType support and better view on high-definition monitors.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
- The bug was fixed: There are no more need to reinstall full set or Everyday folder icons after update of Folder Marker
- Multilingual support was added to the installation process
- Minor bug fixes and protection improvements
- Bug fixed: The program couldn’t work properly at the moment of first start in case when the file with settings was missed.
- It was added an ability to translate some of the elements that have not been translated before.
- The interface translations were updated into the next languages: Dutch and Russian.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.