- Treemap may have failed to render on some very large hard drives - fixed
- Zooming in on treemap will now hide "free space" if "show free space on treemap" is enabled
- A limited context menu will now be available when loading CSV or MFT files from other PCs.
Previously no context menu would appear if the file/folder didn't exist on the local PC.
- Treemap now displays file and folder names for large files and folders.
Double click on a folder or file in the treemap to "zoom" the treemap into that folder.
Use new ".." and "\" buttons on treemap to unzoom one level or to reset the treemap to the root.
You can also select "Zoom in Treemap" and "Zoom out treemap" from the file or folder context
menu (right click menu)
File and folder name display can be toggled via "Options->Show File and Folder Names in Treemap"
- The "explore folder" option will now automatically select the file in Windows explorer if a file was selected
- New search terms added to file search for files or folders only:
Type in =folder or =folders in search to display folders only.
Type in =file or =files in search to display files only.
- new file length and path length search terms added:
Use "namelen" and "pathlen" to search by file name length and path length
e.g. to find files with path length (includes file name) greater than 255:
to find file names with exactly 1 character:
- new export command line parameters:
To export "percent of parent" data, include the parameter:
To set the maximum folder depth to be exported, include the parameter:
Where n is the maximum folder depth.
e.g. to export the root folders and files only:
A max depth of 0 means unlimited (default)
- Gradient in treemap can be now disabled by editing the WizTree3.ini file and setting
- Supporter codes purchased before version 4.00 was released have been automatically converted to "lifetime" licenses and will now work on all future releases of WizTree
- Some drive types were not displaying total and free space (fixed)
- Treemap context menu now displays various treemap configuration options (show treemap, show allocated space, show free space)
- Polish translation updated
- Turkish translation updated
- Multiple drives and folders may now be selected and scanned at once (use the "Select multiple" option in the drop down, or press Alt+F3 to select drives and folders)
- When selecting multiple drives or folders, you can add custom folders to the list by clicking on the "add folder" button. These new user defined folders will also appear in the main drop down selection box for quick access.
- The file search has been updated to work the way WizFile does. These new search filter options can also be used as filters when calling WizTree from the command line.
Use operators "=", ">", ">=", "<", "<=" to filter files based on size or modified date. NB: Don't put any spaces between operators and values!
e.g. to find files less than 100 bytes in size:
Append a 'k', 'm', 'g', or 't' to the number to search in Kb, Mb, Gb, Tb
e.g. to find files between 500MB and 1Gb:
'kb', 'mb', 'gb', 'tb' can also be used, e.g.:
To filter by "allocated" size, use "a=", "a>", etc.
e.g. To find files with allocated size between 100MB and 200MB:
e.g. to find files with 0 allocated size and greater than zero file size:
To filter by date, specify a date in the format: yyyy/mm/dd
e.g. Filter files modified before 2020/01/01:
Use the constant "today" to reference today's date. Optionally add or subtract a number of days from this constant.
e.g. to find files modified in the last 7 days:
e.g. to find all files larger than 1gb that were modified in the last month (last 30 days):
Place the search item in quotes to force a file name search.
e.g. to find file names that contain "=0" instead of displaying files with zero size:
- File search speed has been increased
- Matching text will now be highlighted in the file search results
- The wiztree web site has moved to from "wiztreefree.com" to "diskanalyzer.com"
- Licensing has changed. Commercial users will now purchase licenses based on their business size.
These licenses will be valid for all versions of WizTree released within one year of purchase.
For example, if a user purchases a license on 1 July 2021, it will work with all versions of WizTree that are released before 1 July 2022 (one year from 1 July 2021).
- Fixed bug introduced in 3.40 that could prevent mapped network drives from being scanned correctly
- Fixed bug where cluster size may have been incorrect leading to incorrect "allocated size" calculations
- Fixed bug where right clicking on drive letter would not display context menu
- Fixed inconsistency with how "percent of parent" was calculated when displaying individual files that had been grouped together within a folder ("x files in folder").
The percentage displayed is now the percentage size of the individual file within the group.
- Incorrect allocated space value was being displayed for cloud based files (like OneDrive) - fixed
- Search filter text and number of files drop down on "files" view invisible on some older versions of Windows - fixed
- updated EULA
- Launching WizTree with a command line parameter path containing a trailing backslash would cause scanning problems (bug introduced in 3.38, fixed)
- Chinese (Simplified) translation updated
- Note that many of the WizTree translations are out of date as the original translators are no longer available.
If you find that the translation for your language is not correct and you'd like to update it please contact us for details.
- Clicking on a file in the tree map would sometimes not bring it into view correctly (fixed)
- Ctrl clicking on files in the tree map now allow selections to be toggled on and off (could not unselect by ctrl clicking a file in the treemap previously)
- Support for very long file names (>260 characters in total)
- Scanning of network drives would fail in some cases (e.g. on Parallels desktop for Mac) - fixed
- Minor cosmetic changes. Label color issue on Windows XP fixed.
- Updated Turkish translation (thanks to Ferhat MURAT)
- Tweaked tree map display drawing. Will now only display drawing progress when dealing with more than 1,000,000 files as it's quicker to not display any progress.
- Drive selection box would not work correctly if "display drive letters" option in Windows File Explorer was turned off (fixed)
- Digital signature verification method changed as previous Windows API method (WinVerifyTrust) would trigger unwanted Internet access if required digital certificates were not already installed on the PC