- Fixed "dark" UI style issues on high DPI screens (some screen elements were not being rendered correctly)
- Chinese (Traditional) installer was using incorrect translation language files - fixed
- Minor cosmetic changes
- WizFile was ignoring the "check for updates" option and checking for updates each time it started - fixed
- added 2 new predefined filter dropdowns - one for size and one for file modified date.
These can be customised by the user.
- added file size, allocated size and modified date filter support.
- new "not" operator. Start the search expression with an exclamation mark (!) to find files that don't match the expression.
- new "Launch applications as administrator" option (off by default).
- If enabled, any applications launched by WizFile will have administrator rights (this was the default for previous versions of WizFile as WizFile always runs as administrator).
It's recommended that this option be left off.
This also helps Wizfile work better with applications already running non elevated (without administrator rights).
- For example, context menu items like "Add to Windows Media Player list" would not work previously if Windows Media Player has already been launched in non elevated mode (a "Server execution failed" error would have occurred).
- Support for Windows Dark Mode. UI Theme can be set via new "UI Theme" menu option.
- Windows Explorer integration added. Will be on by default if using the non portable version.
- New "Clear and Reset Filters" option added (Shift+F6). Clears and resets filters.
Hold shift key when clicking on 'Clear' button to reset filters when clearning search results.
- file search speed increased significantly
- Minimising WizFile will now minimize to task bar instead of tray
- Fixed some MFT decoding bugs which could have caused crashes on some PCs
- Added global hotkey Ctrl+Win+W to bring WizFile to the foreground if it's active
- Stability improvements
- WizFile might not always start up correctly when configured to start with Windows (fixed)
- Windows high DPI scaling support improved (fonts would appear far too large on some PCs when 200% or more scaling was enabled)
- "Clear search when minimized" option did not toggle on and off correctly (fixed)
- WizFile would be closed by the task scheduler after 3 days if configured to start with Windows.
To correct this please disable the 'Start with Windows' option, then re-enable it.
This only has to be done once.
- 64 bit version might have crashed when displaying message dialogs on certain PCs (fixed)
- Search result list loading speed increased
- Reduced CPU use when building results list (could cause audio/video playback to stutter previously)
- Memory use reduced
- Improved high DPI support (WizFile might have incorrectly displayed very large text on high DPI screens previously)
- "Start with windows" option would not start WizFile on laptops running on battery power.
- If you use WizFile on a laptop and want WizFile to start with Windows,
then toggle the "start with windows" option off and back on again to correct this problem.
This only has to be done once after upgrading to 2.03
- Portable version will now use the default Windows language (if supported by WizFile) instead of defaulting to English
- educed memory use by around 45%
- Clicking "Clear" will now clear results when even if a non empty custom filter is active
- New "Clear search when minimized" option added (enabled by default).
If enabled, minimizing the window will automatically clear the search results (as if "clear" was clicked)
- (This reduces memory and CPU use to the absolute minimum when WizFile is running in the background)
- Tray icon would not appear if WizFile configured to start with Windows