- Multiple code changes and improvements.
- Small bug fixes to the gui of the mini monitor.
- Cleaning of the File Cache is now disabled by default.
There are times where cleaning it helps improve performance and sometimes it doesn't depending what the system is doing at the time.
So best to let the user decide to have it enabled.
Added a new menu option to the mini monitor to manually clean the file cache.
This new option is part of the free and pro versions :-)
CleanMem and all of its exe's are now terminal services aware.
- Bug fix. When you had more than one mini monitor running on the machine you would get an error that the port was in use.
This is because the other mini monitor was using it. I have fixed it so this error doesn't pop up :-)
- Added a new remote feature. This feature is for pro versions. You can now view the memory and stats from the mini monitor remotely.
You can also run CleanMem from the remote viewer.
Of course the mini monitor must be running on the remote machine to pull the stats.
This works both on local networks and over the internet.
You will need to setup a port forwarding rule in your router to view over the internet. Port forwarding guides and help are on PcWinTech.com
Added a new screen saver that will pull the data from the mini monitor and display it on the screen saver.
This is for both free and pro versions.
The mini monitor will allow pulling of stats from both the free and pro versions on the local host 127.0.0.1.
The free version will only pull the stats available in the free version.
Added a remote viewer program as well. You can use this to view the mini monitor remotely.
I have included the source code for both the screen saver and the remote viewer, both in visual basic 6.
This way others can build more and better screen savers and remote viewers for the mini monitor.
Please let me know if you build one and I will link to it on my site.
Per user request I have added a global hotkey to reapply the on top setting.
This is for when another program calls the windows api to take the top most order (Puts the window on top of all others) Now a person can use a hot key to put the mini monitor back on top without having to go back into the settings and turn it off and back on.
- Per user request I have added a "Pause Advanced Monitor" option to the right click menu of the tray icon in the mini monitor.
When you click it, it will pause any of the advanced monitors that are enabled and it will change the text in the tray icon to "||" to show it is paused.
This setting isn't saved so if you restart the mini monitor for any reason it will run as normal.