2016 Sep 09(16.09.09 Beta)
- Removed a reference to a debug class that was accidentally left in.
2016 Sep 08(16.09.08 Beta)
- More devices are recognized now. Thanks again for all the submissions.
- Fixed an error that would in some cases display the model name and especially the firmware incorrectly.
- Decoder: Now shows the form factor for Crucial devices.
- Unknown LiteOn devices will now properly display the LiteOn logo.
- No longer blocks support for Aero Snap, when moving the window to the screen edge.
- Certain devices with a capacity of 1TB or above, was not getting detected due to the pattern matching only looking for a "G" in the model name.
- Device Tab: The interface will now scale to the window size.
To disable this, set "tabs.device.ui_scale" to 1.00, or any other factor you prefer.
Using 0.00 means it will autoscale.
2016 Jul 01(16.07.01 Beta)
- The submission feature is working yet again.
- Submissions are now being posted over HTTPS.
2016 Jun 29(16.06.29 Beta)
- The submission feature is working again now.
2016 Jun 23(16.06.23 Beta)
- Added more devices, as well as fixed a few with missing or incorrect data.
- Corrected Silicon Power SSDs being detected as an S60 model. Unfortunately,
as these SSDs all report the same model name,
it's near impossible through software to determine the exact model.
- Fixed: If a device was removed from the system, any device with a larger ID after it, would not be detected.
- The default temperature unit will now always initialize as Celcius, even if your system has been configured for Imperial units.
Click the temperature field to toggle the setting to Fahrenheit.
- Mouse wheel scrolling will now more intuitively reach the window under the mouse, and not the window with focus.
- Changed keyboard shortcut for "last active tab" from [F4] to [Ctrl + D].
This was to avoid the clash with the global combobox dropdown shortcut of F4.
- Added option to display the raw SMART attribute values as either decimal or hexadecimal.
- Fixed: Changing of the temperature unit, will now properly apply to all devices, and not only the current device.
- Added a new tab "Decoder", which for some devices can decode and display the meaning of the model number.
Accessible from the system menu, by right-clicking the window caption.
- Restructured how the SMART attributes and thresholds are stored and accessed internally.
This should fix those extremly rare cases of the threshold ID not matching up with the attribute ID.
- ListView column headers are now properly scaled to the system DPI.
- New "Speed" field on the device tab.
It shows the active SATA transfer speed, out of the device's maximum.
2016 Jan 18(16.01.18 Beta)
- Added many new devices with the help from everyone who submitted their SSDs.
- Device Tab: For devices that report it, the form factor can now be viewed in the Interface field tooltip.
- Submit Tab: No longer uses the GetVersionEx() API function, as it was deprecated with Windows 8.1.
- Identify Tab: Improved the listing and selection of words and bits.
- Partition Tab: Added new column, which shows the percentage that each partition occupies of the total capacity.
- Removed some debug code from the previous release that was accidentally left in.
- Submit Tab: Fixed the Unix Timestamp using local time instead of UTC.
- Submit Tab: Removed a lot of unneeded SMART attribute queries when generating the JSON data.
- Updated the "Full Update" button, so it's actually being drawn with the active Windows theme.
- For SSDs with an unknown controller, SMART attributes are no longer based on what is most likely for that vendor, and will use the basic fallback descriptor instead.
This behaviour was causing certain SSDs to display some attributes very incorrectly, especially the bytes read/written.
Moved the SMART attribute query code into the device core. Previously, each tab that needed access to SMART data, had to query it themselves.
This caused extra overhead as both the SMART and Submit tab was querying SMART attributes.
- The "Bytes Written" field on the Device tab, should be better at pulling the data from the most precise attribute.
- Submit: Fixed an issue with malformed JSON data under certain circumstances, causing the submission to fail.
- Device Tab: Added "SATA Speed" in the balloon tooltip for the Interface field.
- Device Tab: Added "WorldWideName" in the balloon tooltip for the Device Name field.