- HSV/HCY brush dynamics in 2.x mode fixed.
- Undo/Redo stack size made configurable and more efficient.
- Undo/Redo stack default size increased to 40.
- Rounding error when saving files in 2.x mode fixed.
- Invalid l11n strings fixed.
- Translated strings added/updated for several languages.
- Dependency on intltool removed (still required for libmypaint).
- Variables in l11n strings validated on build (xml tags are not validated yet, however).
- libmypaint translations are now bound, making them work properly in the appimages.
- OARS rating added to appdata (relevant for app-distribution software, but not much else).
- A number of Py3 compatibility issues were fixed.
- Svg icons fixed - some were previously considered invalid by librsvg >= 2.48.
- Svg icon sizes reduced across the board.
- Windows build now uses openmp, which should improve performance on most systems.
- Size of Windows install bundle significantly reduced. (installed size by ~50%, bundle size by ~70% for installers)
- Size of AppImage files reduced by ~9MB
- AppImages now handle external editing better (no longer overrides the host environment for the launched programs)
- Typos in documentation fixed (not user-facing typos).
- See Changelog.md in the source archive for details.
- The rendering is adapted for the spectral blending (Linear sRGB + non-linear blending).
- The default layer is "Pigment" (configurable).
- The default Pigment brush setting is off (configurable).
- Painting will be slower *
- Each document keeps track of which mode it was using when it is saved, but it's also possible to override that mode when opening files.
For old documents, which do not have the mode information stored, the mode used can be configured to either be one of "1.x" and "2.x" or opening in "1.x" unless there are Pigment layers present (from files saved in 2.0.0 alphas).
- This will almost certainly be addressed in the future. @briend has already made an experimental branch with drastically improved performance and quality of results.
To some extent the spectral blending will always be a bit slower, but it can be made a lot faster than it is today
- The new brush settings are now properly categorized.
You will no longer see the "Experimental" group, and can find the new settings under the "Color" and "Smudge" categories.
- Painting with the new symmetry modes is a lot faster.
The entire area is no longer processed, avoiding the quadratic slowdown.
Symmetry mode can still be slow when using the line/curve/ellipse modes, but that might be addressed in time for 2.0.
Nevertheless, bear in mind that it will always be slower to paint with more symmetry lines - using e.g.
12 lines with the snowflake symmetry mode is the equivalent of painting a stroke that's 24x as long as the distance of your actual stroke.
- Version information and compatibility warnings have been added, warning when attempting to open a file created with a newer version of MyPaint.
There are two separate warnings shown for different levels of incompatibility, they can be disabled separately (and of course, you won't be able to see them at all until future releases).
- Python 3 is now used for the Windows build *.
- Preparations for adjustable symmetry angles - unfortunately this won't be part of the 2.0 release, but will be ready for 2.1.
- Translations - tons of translated strings have been merged - check out https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/mypaint/mypaint/ if you want to help out by contributing to your own language's missing or outdated translations.
- Language selection - you can now select the language you want to use from the preferences window under the "View" tab.
The alpha releases ship with all translations, so beware that a lot of them are incomplete.
- Floodfill - some bug fixes, ability to use arbitrary blend modes, adjustable opacity, colorize mode
- Layer blink option - showing layers in isolation for a brief time period, when changing or selecting them, is now optional.
- AppImage improvements - the appimages will now work out of the box on Ubuntu 14.04 and later.
If they don't work on your distro (preferably not-too-obscure or older than 2015), create an issue in the tracker (after a quick search in it for your problem).
The issues with themes and icons should also be resolved, and gtk localizations are now fully supported.
- The latest appimage builds (based on the latest error-free commit) can always be found here.
- 32bit builds for Windows are back (though the demand is probably not that high).
- Some crash fixes in both MyPaint and libmypaint
- Fixes for some cosmetic bugs (frame window outline, some text formatting glitches)
- Wayland GUI freeze workaround added (MyPaint will just try to use XWayland for now).
- Fixes for a bunch of Gtk deprecations (should not make any difference for users).
- ...and a fair amount of administrative and build-related stuff that should improve the dev experience.
- This pre-release adds some really cool flood-fill enhancements from @jplloyd
Please give the features a try!
- This pre-release brings back floating windows on Windows OS;
it seems the related GTK issues have been resolved.
- Last release had a nasty bug loading PNG files.
If you have old mypaint files that you'd like to render with the old legacy blending,open your settings.json file and set display.colorspace_EOTF to 1.0
- Small update to use a more appropriate 2.2 power function for the sRGB transfer function.
Also added a preference (settings.json) to set a custom transfer function:"display.colorspace_OETF": 2.2
- Added "fake inputs" for pressure and barrel rotation.
Now you can make on-the-fly expressive adjustments to your brush even while using a mouse! Change pressure with alt+shift+(a,s) and change the "twist" with alt+shift+(d,f).