This version of RWCE contains some changes introduced in RealWorld Paint 2013.1, including redesigned color picker, drawing tools and effect windows.
There are also changes directly related to cursors:
- When selecting cursor sizes in various places of the application, a text field with one or more sizes in pixels and a dropdown menu with standard options is used.
- Improved support for Linux XCursor files. When opening a xcursor file, all resolutions are imported and the cursor can also be saved.
The code was moved to a plug-in that can be installed from the online page.
- Function that uploads cursor to the cursor library is now more user friendly.
Users must log in before uploading a cursor.
After a successful upload, a link to a web page with the cursor is displayed.
Obviously flawed cursors can not be uploaded anymore.
Released on March 1st 2012. Old version archive.
This version adds support for animated GIFs and can convert animated cursors to animated GIFs (or PNGs) for web publishing or vice versa.
The built-in optimizer produces high quality yet small GIF files.
Another new and unique feature is proper support for Windows 7 multi-resolution cursors.
The user interface of the editor was adjusted to allow comfortable editing and application of effects
- Image editing tweaks - new stuff from RealWorld Paint including improved layer style user interface, image brush or downloadable media packs.
- Animation editor - instead of plain image editor, the application harbors an animation editor that allows you to prepare your images and animations before converting them to cursors.
- Improved image to cursor conversion - allows you to pick multiple images/animations to convert to (a single) cursor.
- Windows 7 multi-res cursors - open/edit/save animated cursors with multiple images comfortably.
- New wizards - a couple of wizards allows you to generate and customize animated cursors, add animated fire effect or spin your cursor.
- Animated GIF and PNG - import and export your animations in standard formats for web publishing.
- Simplified effect application - applying effects on multiple frames/images/layers is now possible for all effects in a consistent way.
- And more...
Released on August 31st 2009. Old version archive.
This version got updates from Paint.COM and it now supports layers in both the image editor and the cursor editor.
The editor does not differentiate between static and animated cursors anymore.
The 3D module was removed and it will be available as a separated download later.
The application remains available under a freeware license.
- Layer support - create raster images with layers or cursors with layers.
- Arbitrary selections - select regions and apply effects to them.
- Languages - application can be translated to any language.
- Smart file type handling - .cur, .ani and, .rcu file types are used as needed.
- Redesigned wizards - faster to use due to modeless configuration windows.
- Animation preview window - animation preview window capable of adjusting cursor hot spot.
- Portable version - works on Win2000, WinXP, Vista, Win7.
- Extensibility (SDK available) - people can create plug-ins.
- And more...