- In the image search panel, when a file obtained from the website was holding two versions of the panorama, the search feature managed correctly the name of the second panorama only when its suffix was "_WithNames", "_AvecNoms", "_SpecialEffect", "_SpecialEffects", "_EffetSpecial" or "_EffetsSpeciaux"; now it also manages the "_Extra" suffixe (a panorama of this type is on the website since February 28, 2021).
- Added an option in the debug mode for the developer allowing to make it possible to run different versions of WPanorama on the same computer without disabling the screensaver access and panorama show feature.
It is useful for testing the new version detection feature when the latest version of the software has already been installed.
- Added a missing text to a help item regarding the command line.
- It is now possible, by pressing the M key, to display the map showing the location from where the panorama was shot directly from the main window, in full screen mode and from the complete image window.
- When the context help button is visible (in the main window and in the default values panel), it is also possible to switch into context help mode by pressing the ? key.
- When changing the value of the "Config. - Advanced options - No borders" or "Config. - Advanced options - Allow drag to resize" option, WPanorama is automatically restarted.
In the previous versions, the user had to manually exit the program and restart it.
- Added a menu item in the advanced options of the configuration allowing to modify the width of the help panel between 800 pixel and the desktop width.
In the previous versions, this width was 800 pixels and now the default value is 1000 pixels.
- Added an item in the "Questions and answers" section of the help, about the "No borders" feature.
- Added a debug info for the developer in the image search panel.
- The debug mode for the developer can now be enabled individually for each module.
- In the image search panel, the only way to select a current folder is to use the folder selection button or to pick a folder among the last ten.
In the previous versions, it was also possible to partially modify the text with the keyboard, which gave the possibility to enter the name of a non existing folder.
In this case, the displayed text was different from the current folder name. From this version, it is no more possible to edit the text.
- In the image search panel, when a file obtained from the website was holding two versions of the panorama, the search feature managed correctly the name of the second panorama only when its suffix was "_WithNames" or "_AvecNoms"; now it also manages the "_SpecialEffect", "_SpecialEffects", "_EffetSpecial" and "_EffetsSpeciaux" suffixes (a panorama of this type is on the website since September 8, 2020).
- In the previous versions, when "Signal new version on startup" was enabled, the "New version" panel was not displayed if the current version was the same as the new one and the screen saver was missing.
Now it is displayed in that case.
- In the previous versions, the title in the title bar of some dialog boxes was missing.
It is corrected in this version.
- In the previous versions, it was possible to enter non numeric characters in the reverse delay editor.
This has been corrected.
- The numeric editors don't accept numbers longer than their width anymore, which was not always the case in the previous versions.
- In the slide show creation panel, it is now possible to specify the timer value.
Each time this panel is loaded, the slide show timer default value is loaded in the editor.
In the previous versions, the slide show timer default value was used if the current timer value was less than 200ms, otherwise the current timer value was used.
It was not possible to edit it from this panel.
- It is now possible to specify a global sound for the panorama show.
This allows to play the same piece of music during the whole show.
When global sound is enabled, it overrides the sound parameters specifed for the individual panoramas.
- If all the files of a slide show are not in the folders specified in the list file (.wsl), WPanorama looks for them in the folder in which the list file is located.
This way, if all the panorama show files (list file, image files and sound files) are located in the same folder, the show will still work after all the files are moved into another folder.
- When starting a panorama show, if some panoramas are missing, the number of missing panoramas is briefly displayed.
- An option has been added, allowing to make the image scroll by dragging it with the mouse in the main panel even while the complete image is visible.
- It is now possible to run a panorama show by supplying it with, as a list, a simple text file containing the panoramas files names only.
- Improved the aspect of the help header and added pictures to the file associations help menu item.
- If none of the panorama show panoramas is found, the show immediately terminates with a "No files found" message.
In the previous versions, it displayed the current screen saver panorama in a loop.
- Improved the file associations management, particularly for the case where another software would have been associated with an extension which can be associated with WPanorama.
In the previous versions, in this case a crash of WPanorama could have occured.
- In the previous versions, if WPanorama was launched by a .wxs file, a message was always displayed in English, regardless of the language for which WPanorama was configured and there was no text in the buttons.
This issue has been corrected in this version.
- The scrolling in the help panel now stops at the right place.
In previous versions (since 9.5.1) it was going too far.
- wo new command line parameters have been added: the "WPanorama SSConfig"command line allows to load the screensaver configuration panel and "WPanorama SSPreview" allows to launch the screensaver preview (same as with the "Screen saver - Configure screen saver..." and "Screen saver -Preview screen saver" menu items).
- When selecting an option for "Config. - Advanced options - Signal new version on startup", the new version signalization panel appears if a new version is available.
In the previous versions, it only appeared on WPanorama startup.
- The "Version history" function doesn't need the "History.txt" and "Historique.txt" external files anymore.
- Modified in order to transfer data to WpaInfo in real time.
- Improved the look by changing the fonts.
- When the slide number is displayed during a mini slide show, the number of slides in the show is now also displayed.
- In the case of the mini slide show, the number of slides and their dimensions are displayed in the "Image info..." panel.
- It is now possible to terminate WPanorama execution with the "WPanorama Shutdown" command line.
It can be useful if you want to run WPanorama from another software which would load several panoramas and then stop the viewer.
- Moved the "Set image display dimensions..." from the "Config." menu to the "Display" menu and moved some toolbar buttons in order to put them in the same order as the matching menu items.
- Improved some texts in the help panel, added an item about the command line and another one in the "Questions and answers" section, addressing a slide show issue.
- If the screen saver file (WPanorama.scr) has been deleted or renamed by mistake, the screen saver registry information is now not deleted anymore when the viewer is launched.
- The "Exit and reset parameters" function now clears the screen saver registry information in addition to the viewer information.
- If some files associations have been defined, the "Exit and reset parameters" function doesn't clear them if WPanorama has not been launched in administrator mode.
From this version, in this case a message appears, inviting the user to restart the program in administrator mode and execute the fonction again.
Note that all the other WPanorama info in the registry is cleared only if the files associations have been cleared.
- If WpaInfo is missing or if its version number is different from the one of the viewer, the menu item and the link in the help giving access to it are not visible anymore.
- It is now possible to set the Internet connection so that WPanorama doesn't connect to wpanorama.com website,
in which case the location on the map can be displayed directly from Google Maps.
This option should be used only if wpanorama.com is not available because in this case all the other features needing access to the website are disabled and the map is of lower quality.
- When using the functions of the "Screen saver" menu ("Configure screen saver..." and "Preview screen saver"),
WPanorama automatically becomes the current screen saver.
Thanks to the new "Auto select screen saver" menu item, it is now possible to disable this automatism.
- When the "... memory too fragmented or not enough memory..." error message is displayed when loading a panorama,
there is a "Help" button allowing to access a help item which explains how to avoid this problem without any quality loss when displaying the panorama.
- If it is a beta version, "Beta X" (X being the beta version number) is now displayed in the title bar of the application and the beta version number is displayed in the "About" and "New version" panels.
- From version 11.2.1, the auto reverse indicators on the position bar in the control panel were not visible when the controls were disabled.
This issue has been corrected in this version.
- When the dimension of a panorama in the scrolling direction is smaller than the display dimension in the same direction,
the panorama scrolls continuously and the "Auto reverse" menu item is disabled. Because of an error, it was not the case anymore from version 11.2.1.
This behavior is now restored.
- From version 11.2.1, in some cases the "Display modes settings..." menu item was enabled when the virtual screen was active, which should not have been the case.
This issue has been taken care of in this version.
- In the previous versions, if a panorama had been loaded in the default position (using the original .wpa file or with no .wpa file),
if the window was moved and the full screen mode activated, returning to the windowed mode would cause the window to go back to the default position (desktop center). It is not the case anymore.
- Corrected a default window positioning issue which could occur in some very rare cases if a configuration file (.wpa) had been manually modified with an editor.
- In the previous versions, if the Screen Saver Parameters Settings panel had been abnormally terminated,
it was not possible to open it with the "Screen saver - Configure screen saver..." menu item.
From this version, in this case the user can force it to open and if it was already open the current instance is previously terminated.
- In the help panel, the links to WPanorama website are now enabled or disabled, depending on the Internet connection setting.
- Corrected a error in the help where an item was superimposed over another one if the screen saver file was missing or of an incorrect version.
- During a panorama show, it is now possible to display a map showing the location from where the current panorama was shot (if available).
- It is now possible to disable the screen saver while WPanorama is running.By default,
the screen saver is disabled during the panorama show and when WPanorama is in full screen mode.
It is also possible to set it so it is always disabled or only during the panorama show.
- Adjusted some line spacings in the help in order to improve its look and readability.
- All the controls (buttons, editors and menu items) allowing to set panorama related parameters are now disabled if no panorama is loaded.
- From version 8.3.1, with some versions of Windows, if WPanorama was in full screen mode when the screen saver was triggered,
going to windowed mode after the screen saver termination caused a "System error: code 5" popup to appear.
It is not the case anymore since Windows 10 update of late January 2018.
- From version 11.1.1, unlike all the other toolbar buttons,
"Fit to desktop" was sometimes not greyed out during panorama loading. This has been fixed in this version.
- When the global sound was not enabled, if a panorama associated with a music piece was discarded, when you clicked on the "Config.
- Sound player" menu item, the item allowing to change the file name and the one allowing to discard it were still active.
Now there is only the item allowing to specify a file name and it is greyed out.
- Added a new feature allowing to specify global values for the map display parameters.
- Improved help text for the "Virtual screen for multi-monitors..." and "Signal new version on startup" menu items.
- When the "New version" popup appears at startup, if it shows the same value for "Local program version" and "Latest version on website",
it is now possible to know what module (screensaver or WPAInfo) is of an older version by moving the mouse cursor over the indication of the local program version.
- When downloading a new version from the "New version" popup, some info about the current version is sent to the site.
- The parameters of the "Search for image" feature (Keyword, Whole word and Display order) are now memorized from one use to the next, even after restarting WPanorama.
- Removed the hints on the Enter and Esc buttons in the "Capture multiple images" and "Make movie" panels.
- The map display activation and deactivation is now simply done by a click on the "Config.
- Advanced options - Location on the map enabled" menu item (there is no more submenu with several possibilities, as was the case in the previous versions since 10.2.1 beta).
- When the "New version" popup is visible, the controls of WPanorama are now greyed out.
- In the "New version" popup, it is now possible, thanks to a "What's new ?" button, to display the version history of the latest software (final or beta) available on the site.
- A menu item, "Files - Update WPA info", allows to launch the WPAInfo.exe program which can update some information (description and geographic data) of the panoramas.
- In the previous versions, when WPAInfo was launched from the help window it was always in the language of your version of Windows; it is now in the same language as the viewer.
- Improved the debug menu for the developer.
- In the "Config. - Advanced options - Exif coordinates..." dialog box,
the controls allowing to modify the map default parameters are now disabled when "Exif coordinates enabled" is not checked Corrected the tab order in this dialog box.
- From version 11.0.1, if the "New version" popup appeared while WPanorama was in full screen mode,
the mouse cursor was not displayed and it was not possible to click on the buttons.
The only way to close this popup was to press Alt F4.
This problem has been corrected.
- In the previous versions, in some of the dialog boxes in which the OK (V) and Cancel (X) buttons were present, the Enter and Esc keys had no effect.
These keys are now active.
- In the previous versions, on some computers the moving frame in the complete image display was sometimes flickering.
It is not the case anymore. If the flicker is still present, make sure "Config.
- Advanced options - Show position in complete image - Double buffering" is enabled.
- The "Double buffering" menu item is now disabled if "Show position in complete image" is set to Off.
- Added an option in the panorama show allowing to scroll the non 360° panoramas
- in only one direction.
- At startup, WPanorama can check if a new version of the software is available
- and, if it is the case, gives the possibility to connect to the site in order
- to download it.
- The help panel is wider than in previous versions.
- Improved some of the help items.
- Improved the mouse cursor positioning when displaying various panels.
- The program can now deal with compatibility problems between Google Maps and
- WPanorama by giving the possibility to automatically use the current web
- browser to display the map if necessary.
- Improvement of the 360° panoramas auto detection.
- Reorganization of the "Help" menu.
- The texts for the the "Set image dimensions" and "Virtual screen" menu items
- are now more explicit.
- Corrected an issue in the panorama show because of which the "Show 360°"
- option was in some cases not properly saved.
- In the previous versions, the panorama show parameters which didn't apply to
- the screensaver were set to erroneous or default values when they were saved
- from the screensaver configuration panel. Now they are set to default values
- only if they were not already defined. Otherwise they keep their values.
- In the previous versions, for the 64 bits versions of Windows, the use of any
- function of the "Screen saver" menu caused the current screensaver to be
- disabled. This issue is now fixed.
- In the previous version, it was possible to maximize or minimize the network
- parameters setting window. It is not the case anymore.
- Corrected a mixed text issue which occured in the help when the screensaver
- was not present or of an incorrect version or when there was no history file.
- Removed an erroneous link in one of the Help items.