- Modified in order to transfer data to WpaInfo in real time.
- Improved the look by changing the fonts.
- When the slide number is displayed during a mini slide show, the number of slides in the show is now also displayed.
- In the case of the mini slide show, the number of slides and their dimensions are displayed in the "Image info..." panel.
- It is now possible to terminate WPanorama execution with the "WPanorama Shutdown" command line.
It can be useful if you want to run WPanorama from another software which would load several panoramas and then stop the viewer.
- Moved the "Set image display dimensions..." from the "Config." menu to the "Display" menu and moved some toolbar buttons in order to put them in the same order as the matching menu items.
- Improved some texts in the help panel, added an item about the command line and another one in the "Questions and answers" section, addressing a slide show issue.
- If the screen saver file (WPanorama.scr) has been deleted or renamed by mistake, the screen saver registry information is now not deleted anymore when the viewer is launched.
- The "Exit and reset parameters" function now clears the screen saver registry information in addition to the viewer information.
- If some files associations have been defined, the "Exit and reset parameters" function doesn't clear them if WPanorama has not been launched in administrator mode.
From this version, in this case a message appears, inviting the user to restart the program in administrator mode and execute the fonction again.
Note that all the other WPanorama info in the registry is cleared only if the files associations have been cleared.
- If WpaInfo is missing or if its version number is different from the one of the viewer, the menu item and the link in the help giving access to it are not visible anymore.
- It is now possible to set the Internet connection so that WPanorama doesn't connect to wpanorama.com website,
in which case the location on the map can be displayed directly from Google Maps.
This option should be used only if wpanorama.com is not available because in this case all the other features needing access to the website are disabled and the map is of lower quality.
- When using the functions of the "Screen saver" menu ("Configure screen saver..." and "Preview screen saver"),
WPanorama automatically becomes the current screen saver.
Thanks to the new "Auto select screen saver" menu item, it is now possible to disable this automatism.
- When the "... memory too fragmented or not enough memory..." error message is displayed when loading a panorama,
there is a "Help" button allowing to access a help item which explains how to avoid this problem without any quality loss when displaying the panorama.
- If it is a beta version, "Beta X" (X being the beta version number) is now displayed in the title bar of the application and the beta version number is displayed in the "About" and "New version" panels.
- From version 11.2.1, the auto reverse indicators on the position bar in the control panel were not visible when the controls were disabled.
This issue has been corrected in this version.
- When the dimension of a panorama in the scrolling direction is smaller than the display dimension in the same direction,
the panorama scrolls continuously and the "Auto reverse" menu item is disabled. Because of an error, it was not the case anymore from version 11.2.1.
This behavior is now restored.
- From version 11.2.1, in some cases the "Display modes settings..." menu item was enabled when the virtual screen was active, which should not have been the case.
This issue has been taken care of in this version.
- In the previous versions, if a panorama had been loaded in the default position (using the original .wpa file or with no .wpa file),
if the window was moved and the full screen mode activated, returning to the windowed mode would cause the window to go back to the default position (desktop center). It is not the case anymore.
- Corrected a default window positioning issue which could occur in some very rare cases if a configuration file (.wpa) had been manually modified with an editor.
- In the previous versions, if the Screen Saver Parameters Settings panel had been abnormally terminated,
it was not possible to open it with the "Screen saver - Configure screen saver..." menu item.
From this version, in this case the user can force it to open and if it was already open the current instance is previously terminated.
- In the help panel, the links to WPanorama website are now enabled or disabled, depending on the Internet connection setting.
- Corrected a error in the help where an item was superimposed over another one if the screen saver file was missing or of an incorrect version.
- During a panorama show, it is now possible to display a map showing the location from where the current panorama was shot (if available).
- It is now possible to disable the screen saver while WPanorama is running.By default,
the screen saver is disabled during the panorama show and when WPanorama is in full screen mode.
It is also possible to set it so it is always disabled or only during the panorama show.
- Adjusted some line spacings in the help in order to improve its look and readability.
- All the controls (buttons, editors and menu items) allowing to set panorama related parameters are now disabled if no panorama is loaded.
- From version 8.3.1, with some versions of Windows, if WPanorama was in full screen mode when the screen saver was triggered,
going to windowed mode after the screen saver termination caused a "System error: code 5" popup to appear.
It is not the case anymore since Windows 10 update of late January 2018.
- From version 11.1.1, unlike all the other toolbar buttons,
"Fit to desktop" was sometimes not greyed out during panorama loading. This has been fixed in this version.
- When the global sound was not enabled, if a panorama associated with a music piece was discarded, when you clicked on the "Config.
- Sound player" menu item, the item allowing to change the file name and the one allowing to discard it were still active.
Now there is only the item allowing to specify a file name and it is greyed out.
- Added a new feature allowing to specify global values for the map display parameters.
- Improved help text for the "Virtual screen for multi-monitors..." and "Signal new version on startup" menu items.
- When the "New version" popup appears at startup, if it shows the same value for "Local program version" and "Latest version on website",
it is now possible to know what module (screensaver or WPAInfo) is of an older version by moving the mouse cursor over the indication of the local program version.
- When downloading a new version from the "New version" popup, some info about the current version is sent to the site.
- The parameters of the "Search for image" feature (Keyword, Whole word and Display order) are now memorized from one use to the next, even after restarting WPanorama.
- Removed the hints on the Enter and Esc buttons in the "Capture multiple images" and "Make movie" panels.
- The map display activation and deactivation is now simply done by a click on the "Config.
- Advanced options - Location on the map enabled" menu item (there is no more submenu with several possibilities, as was the case in the previous versions since 10.2.1 beta).
- When the "New version" popup is visible, the controls of WPanorama are now greyed out.
- In the "New version" popup, it is now possible, thanks to a "What's new ?" button, to display the version history of the latest software (final or beta) available on the site.
- A menu item, "Files - Update WPA info", allows to launch the WPAInfo.exe program which can update some information (description and geographic data) of the panoramas.
- In the previous versions, when WPAInfo was launched from the help window it was always in the language of your version of Windows; it is now in the same language as the viewer.
- Improved the debug menu for the developer.
- In the "Config. - Advanced options - Exif coordinates..." dialog box,
the controls allowing to modify the map default parameters are now disabled when "Exif coordinates enabled" is not checked Corrected the tab order in this dialog box.
- From version 11.0.1, if the "New version" popup appeared while WPanorama was in full screen mode,
the mouse cursor was not displayed and it was not possible to click on the buttons.
The only way to close this popup was to press Alt F4.
This problem has been corrected.
- In the previous versions, in some of the dialog boxes in which the OK (V) and Cancel (X) buttons were present, the Enter and Esc keys had no effect.
These keys are now active.
- In the previous versions, on some computers the moving frame in the complete image display was sometimes flickering.
It is not the case anymore. If the flicker is still present, make sure "Config.
- Advanced options - Show position in complete image - Double buffering" is enabled.
- The "Double buffering" menu item is now disabled if "Show position in complete image" is set to Off.
- Added an option in the panorama show allowing to scroll the non 360° panoramas
- in only one direction.
- At startup, WPanorama can check if a new version of the software is available
- and, if it is the case, gives the possibility to connect to the site in order
- to download it.
- The help panel is wider than in previous versions.
- Improved some of the help items.
- Improved the mouse cursor positioning when displaying various panels.
- The program can now deal with compatibility problems between Google Maps and
- WPanorama by giving the possibility to automatically use the current web
- browser to display the map if necessary.
- Improvement of the 360° panoramas auto detection.
- Reorganization of the "Help" menu.
- The texts for the the "Set image dimensions" and "Virtual screen" menu items
- are now more explicit.
- Corrected an issue in the panorama show because of which the "Show 360°"
- option was in some cases not properly saved.
- In the previous versions, the panorama show parameters which didn't apply to
- the screensaver were set to erroneous or default values when they were saved
- from the screensaver configuration panel. Now they are set to default values
- only if they were not already defined. Otherwise they keep their values.
- In the previous versions, for the 64 bits versions of Windows, the use of any
- function of the "Screen saver" menu caused the current screensaver to be
- disabled. This issue is now fixed.
- In the previous version, it was possible to maximize or minimize the network
- parameters setting window. It is not the case anymore.
- Corrected a mixed text issue which occured in the help when the screensaver
- was not present or of an incorrect version or when there was no history file.
- Removed an erroneous link in one of the Help items.
WPanorama.exe (build 1413):
WPanorama.scr (build 1222):
- Pressing the D key during a panorama show displays the description of the current panorama if available and necessary.
- Pressing the A key during a panorama show displays the name of the author of the current panorama if available.
- In the "Show - Panorama show options" menu, the "Show 360ｰ" option has been moved from the "Title" panel to the menu.
- If "Show 360ｰ" is enabled for the panorama show, the text displayed with the hot keys D, A or P is yellow for the 360ｰ panoramas and white otherwise.
- Added a missing item in the help.
- In version 10.0.1, when switching from full screen mode to windowed mode, a panorama displayed with a width of less than 400 pixels was not properly resized.
This version corrects this issue.
WPAInfo.exe (build 1178):
- If "Hot keys enabled" is checked, it is possible to show the description of the current panorama by pressing the D key while the screensaver is running if it is necessary and if the description is available.
- If "Hot keys enabled" is checked, it is possible to show the name of the author of the current panorama by pressing the A key while the screensaver is running if the author's name is available.
- When "Hot keys enabled" is checked, all the keys which don't have a function assigned don't terminate the screensaver anymore.
Only the Esc key does.
- If "Hot keys enabled" is not checked, all the keys terminate the screensaver.
In the previous versions, the special keys (function keys, arrows, etc...)had no effect.
- When "Hot keys enabled" is checked, if "Show 360ｰ" is enabled the text displayed with the D, A or P keys is yellow for 360ｰ panoramas and white otherwise.
- Now supports 2646 panoramas.
WPanorama.exe (build 1407):
WPanorama.scr (build 1216):
- Added a new feature allowing to find panoramas by entering a keyword.
In order for it to work, you need to have an Internet connection,
as it uses WPanorama website search engine.
The only panoramas you will find with this feature are those which have been downloaded from WPanorama website.
This feature also adds the possibility to directly go to the page of WPanorama website where you can download a panorama matching your request which is not present on your disk.
- Added the "Internet connection" option. If it is disabled, all the features needing an Internet connection are hidden.
- Added an item in the "Questions and answers" section of the help,
addressing a screensaver issue which occurs on some older versions of Windows 64 bits.
- In the previous versions, some of WPanorama windows were not behaving correctly when Windows characters size was changed. This issue has been taken care of.
- In the previous versions, when switching from windowed mode to full screen mode,
the panorama was not properly positioned if it was scrolling vertically.is not the case anymore from this version.
- When a panorama is loaded from the full screen mode,
it is now always positioned at the beginning.
In the previous versions, it was not properly positioned because the position memorized in the configuration file is meaningless since the display dimensions are different from those in the configuration file.
This improper positioning was particularly bad for the slideshows, as it made the first slide appear out of sync.
- After a panorama has been loaded from the full screen mode ("L" key),
when returning to the windowed mode the window size is always correct and the panorama is properly positioned in the window,
which was not always the case in the previous versions.
- Corrected an issue because of which, in some previous versions,
a part of the"Questions and answers" section of the help was not properly displayed when the screensaver was not present or its version was not the same as the one of the viewer.
WPAInfo.exe (build 1170):
- When the "Internet connection" option is disabled in WPanorama viewer,
the"Web update" button on the Parameters Settings panel is not shown.
- In the image list, when the mouse cursor is on the name of a panorama which has been shortened in order to fit the window,
the line is extended,showing the full filename.
- When the mouse cursor is on the "Image list" button, the number of images in the list is displayed.
- In the previous version, the "Show 360ｰ" checkbox was not disabled when the title position was set to "None".
This issue has been taken care of in this version.
- When adding a panorame to the list from the main panel,
the "Current image added to the list" message was displayed at the wrong location and was partially hidden.
This issue has now been taken care of.
- Now supports 2466 panoramas.
WPanorama.exe (build 1395):
WPanorama.scr (build 1208):
- In the panorama show, when the title (panorama description or filename) is displayed,
an option allows an indicator to show if the panorama is not a 360ｰ.
- The ".wsx" file association (screensaver export) is now disabled by default.
- When the screensaver was not installed or if its version number was different from the one of the viewer,
there was some mixed-up display at the end of the Keyboard controls section and at the beginning of the Questions and answers section of the help.
This problem no longer exists in this version.
- The context help for "Exit and reset parameters" is now pointing to the correct help item.
In the older versions, it was pointing to the previous help item which is for "Clear last pictures history".
- In the panorama show of the previous versions, if the title display was selected, it was not possible to have some panoramas without title.
It was supposed to be possible when giving a space character as a description, but it didn't work,
as the space in the .wpa file was considered as an empty string which caused the filename to be displayed as a description.
From this version, if a panorama without title is desired,
it is possible to do it by putting a number sign ("#") as a description.
- When attempting to load a panorama by double-clicking on its configuration file icon while a secondary window is open,
either the panorama doesn't load or the secondary window closes.
In the previous versions,
WPanorama could behave in an abnormal manner after a new panorama was loaded while a secondary window was open.
WPAInfo.exe (build 1158):
- If there are more than 250 panoramas in the list,
a progress bar is displayed in the Parameters setting panel when applying the changes
("Apply" button or "OK" button when the "Apply" button is enabled).
- When the title (panorama description or filename) is displayed, an option allows an indicator to show if the panorama is not a 360ｰ.
- When adding images or loading lists, the new number of panoramas is displayed sooner.
- In the previous versions, if the title display was selected, it was not possible to have some panoramas without title.
It was supposed to be possible when giving a space character as a description,
but it didn't work, as the space in the .wpa file was considered as an empty string which caused the filename to be displayed as a description.
From this version, if a panorama without title is desired,
it is possible to do it by putting a number sign("#") as a description.
- Now supports 2262 panoramas.