- Fix: improved support for unicode characters in file names in the Recorder.
- Fix: sound could be lost from older FBR files when opened in v5 and the “Sounds were upgraded to the new format” message was shown.
- Fix: Player could crash when autosaving or doing a Save As after a selection of frames were deleted.
- Tweak: when buying a localised edition of FlashBack, the correct language edition is selected on the website.
- Tweak: adds ‘legacy capture’ mode that can fix a problem with HDR monitors.
- Fix: Recorder failed to save scheduled recordings if the recording was started before the scheduled time.
- Fix: sound recording UI in the Settings dialog did not allow recording of microphone and PC sounds at the same time.
- Fix: zoom effects did not appear correctly in EXE exports.
- Fix: error on importing WMV files.
- Fix: in Express the movie cropping UI was broken so that the user could not back out of cropping after selecting the operation.
- Tweak: keyboard shortcuts added to Player menus, Recorder and Player dialogs.
- Fix: Converted video files could show a duration of 0:00 on the Recordings window.
- Fix: Recorder user interface may not fully appear when app is started.
- Fix: error in batch export when the path to the settings file contained non-ascii unicode characters.
- Fix: problem caused by pressing the hotkey to start recording when already in the region or window recording user interface.
- Tweak: FlashBack now only uses ‘mpeg’ record mode, to avoid performance problems and large FBR files caused by ‘GDI’ mode.
- Fix: the ‘Default PC Speakers’ sound source was being incorrectly selected automatically.
- Improved audio quality in MP4 exports.
- Improved handling of FlashBack Connect accounts for site licence users.
- Now shows how much of the monthly bandwidth quota in FlashBack Connect has been used.
- Fixed a problem that could result in unsynchronised audio and video.
- Fix: after discarding a recording and opting to record again with the same settings, recording did not immediately restart.
- Added the option to ignore warnings about Windows DPI issues that require a restart.
- Fix: Recorder windows could appear on a different monitor to the one displaying the main Recorder window.
- Fix: Recorder dialogs: Fullscreen, Select Region and Select Window improved for PCs using high Windows scaling.
- Fix: operation of the Player volume slider improved for PCs using high Windows scaling.
- Fix: the settings window was displayed incorrectly after using scheduled recording.
- Fix: sound was not exported from the PC sounds track if other tracks were muted.
- Fix: an occasional problem in sound recording.
- Fix: on some PCs, mainly AMD GPUs, the 'external' Highlight object could cause performance problem in FlashBack Player for te default rendering option (DirectX).
The default was changed to "Software IPP".
- Fix to display of popup offering discount on Pro.
- Fix: error in the startup process that recovers recordings that were interrupted by a PC crash.
- Option to use FlashBack Player in either DPI-aware (sharp text and images) or non-DPI-aware (scaled up and slightly blurry) mode.
- Fix: error in the process where FlashBack offers to optimise a recording (convert GDI mode FBR file to MPEG mode).
- Adds option to use "legacy" capture method, since the new DDAPI method can cause problems on portrait monitors and on key capture on some PCs.
- Improves appearance of the central toolbar on smaller screens by hiding labels and controls to make everything fit.
- Warns that upload of files 1Gb to FlashBack Connect could take some time.
- Improvement in Player appearance on PCs that use high Windows scaling.
- Fix: monitors in Portrait format were not recorded.
- Fix: settings were not saved correctly on restarting FlashBack.