- Quantize Windows Color Reduction: Reduce to an optimal 256 color Windows palette. It’s slow encoding, but in some cases it gives better color-matching than quantize.
- Option for global CTRL+R shortcut key for rec/stop.
- Option for saving last position: If this option is not checked, the gifcam app will open in the center of the desktop.
- Auto-space between frames and delay labels regardless of system font size.
- Fixed Windows XP right click menu.
- Some other bug fixes.
- Draw Selection: a new feature for selection, draw a selection box around your desired area then GifCam will fit inside your selection box , you can hold Shift Key to start recording immediately.
- Keyboard Shortcut: finally!
- Improving “Export To Avi” play time by adding extra frames to let the constant avi fps macth with variable gif frames delays, also adding progress bar for avi encoding.
- Scalable user interface: GifCam 6.0 scales to fit the display resolution.
- Improvement of the transparent/green screen color detection.
- Changing the default save name to Date+Ttime.
- Updating About dialog and adding support options.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Automatically detect and set transparent/greenscreen color.
- An option for saving “setting.ini” in the same gifcam directory.
- GifCam 5.5 can access/use 4GB address space on 64 bit machines.
- fixing “recording outside area” & “black border” for some high screen resolution and scaled displays.
- Supporting dropping gif file on the main GifCam window to open it.
- Supporting high dpi display.
Customization Window lets you save and customize:
Keep in mind :
- Three FPS options that will appears on the “Rec” split button menu.
- Option for storing temporary frame on hard disk or memory.
- Customization GifCam memory usage limit (default is 1 GB).
- Setting GifCam window size.
- Option for always capturing mouse cursor.
- Higher fps means bigger gif file size.
- Using memory option is faster and more performance than using hard disk option.
- When increasing memory usage limit, make sure you have enough memory to use,
if you haven’t your system may slow dawn and may crush.
- And finally it is recommended to use the default settings.
Other fixes and changes:
- Profile window present frames size with bar chart and gives profile info of each frame:
the size of the frame in bytes, number of colors, and percentage of green screen.
Profile window is resizable, resize it for bigger bar chart.
- Drawing green screen and resizing frames are working well together now.
- Fixing the gif file size in the preview window.
- Save overwrite prompt.
- When saving, “Gif.gif” is the default file name.
- Crop: with the nostalgic “Marching ants” selection effect.
- Hue And Saturation: Because saturation and shading of two colors generate “good quality looking” gif.
- Other Fixes and Changes:
-Fixing double extension “gif.gif” file name problem.
-Renaming “yoyo” option name to “add reverse frames” clearer function name.
-Removing “Add 0.1 Sec Delay” and “Remove 0.1 Sec Delay”
options because the right click edit menu is getting bigger
and adding delay can be done more practically by dragging delay
label or from “keyboard input” window.
-Fixing dragging delay stops.
-Centering all windows to main GifCam window.
-Fixing power of 10 gif size in preview window.