- Updated LAV Filters to v0.74.1
- Potential crash when removing shader cache files
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.74
- Option to specify command line parameters to use when downloading with youtube-dl (File > Save a Copy). Does not apply to streaming.
- CoverArt improvements. Prefer image with same filename. Reduced chance of false positive matches.
- Increased max Pan&Scan zoom factor to 5x.
- Crash in null renderer. Also support more mediatypes.
- Ellipsis character was trimmed off from beginning or end of subtitles.
- Ignore auto-zoom setting when remember window size is enabled.
- Remember correct playlist position on a non-primary screen from extended Desktop.
- Don't use YDL when an URL points to a file.
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.73.1
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to v18.12
- Several Youtube-DL related improvements
- Menu File "Save a copy" now also works for online streams
- Increased maximum image size for "Save Thumbnails" to 3840. Max columns is now 16 and max rows is now 40.
- Fixed slow seeking in certain MP4 files
- Fixed playback of UHD Bluray with internal source filter
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.73
- Improved cover art selection when a file contains multiple embedded covers
- Added advanced option for controlling usage of Youtube-DL
- Excluded certain URLs from being processed by Youtube-DL (for example direct file links and URLs without domain)
- Fixed crash when accessing info page of web interface
- Added fallback exception handler for when DrDump Crash Reporter is unavailable
- Automatic encoding option for saving playlists.
Uses UTF-8 encoding when applicable
- Sanear: Added "Ignore system channel mixer" option
- Updated Little CMS to v2.9(d8a36d0)
- Updated nanosvg to 9a74da4
- Updated rapidjson to v1.1.0
- Updated RARFileSource to 55b2513
- Updated Sanear to v0.3 (e1bebc9)
- Updated tinyxml2 to v5.0.1
- Updated Unrar to v5.5.7
- Updated ZenLib to v0.4.36
- Split internal MPEG source filter option into a PS and TS variant
- End of support for Windows XP
- SSA/ASS subtitles: Add cache for alpha mask
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.70.2-71
- Fixed text subtitle rendering in Avisynth
- Fixed DPI scaling of non-client areas in main window
- Prevent crash for ASS subtitles with invalid (too high) blur values
- VSFilter: Fixed DVB/PGS subtitle resizing on x64 build
- Ticket #2539: Subtitle downloader dialog could be opened on disabled monitor
- Ticket #5036: Text subtitles: Faster subtitle drawing
- Implemented more vectorized SSE2 version and add AVX2 drawing code.
- Vectorized all draw operations
- Multiple times faster with certain SSA/ASS subtitles
- Ticket #6223: Fixed DPI scaling of non-client areas in main window
- Ticket #6231: Fix hash calculation for files with Unicode paths.
This fixes search on OpenSubtitles for such files
- Require a CPU processor with SSE2 instructions
- Ticket #5865, Add context menu option to copy subtitle URL
- Switched from mhook to MinHook since it's more actively maintained
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.70.2
- Updated Little CMS to v2.8 (d41071e)
- Updated MediaInfoLib to v0.7.97
- Updated ZenLib to v0.4.35
- Updated Unrar to v5.5.6
- Scale MediaInfo properties tab text properly on high DPI
- Ability to control playback repeat mode
- Add a cache to avoid recompiling pixel shaders when possible
- Add SVG support for custom toolbars
- Add Bosnian translation
- Option to set audio delay values for each display mode
- Updated Little CMS to v2.8 (1272acb)
- Updated tinyxml2 to v4.0.1
- Updated MediaInfoLib to v0.7.92
- Updated ZenLib to v0.4.34
- Updated Unrar to v5.4.5
- Updated zlib to v1.2.11
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.69:
- LAV Splitter: Support https protocol
- LAV Splitter: Switch back to an improved version of the old ASF demuxer
- LAV Splitter: Support demuxing H264 MVC.
- Ticket #5815, LAV Splitter: Improve the detection of the forced flag for some MP4 subtitle tracks
- LAV Video Decoder: Add experimental support for VP9 DXVA2 decoding (disabled by default)
- LAV Video Decoder: Enable hardware decoding for HEVC and 4k/UHD by default
- LAV Video Decoder: Add a basic H264 MVC decoder based on Intel MediaSDK.
Note that for now the Intel MediaSDK library is not distributed with MPC-HC.
If you want to use this new decoder, you have to download the library
and decompress it to the LAVFilters(64) folder.
- LAV Video Decoder: Offer Weston Three Field Deinterlacing (w3fdif) as an alternative to YADIF
- Ticket #3974, LAV Video Decoder: Fix DXVA decoding of interlaced H.264 videos on some Intel GPU
- Ticket #5666, LAV Video Decoder: YADIF deinterlacing sometimes caused black screen in DVD menus
- LAV Audio Decoder: Fix a possible crash when using bitstreaming
- Old DirectX 7 renderers have been removed. Settings will be updated automatically to use the corresponding VMR-9 renderers.
If you really want to use a renderer similar to VMR-7 (windowed), use Overlay mixer or the "system default" renderer
- Make video renderer statistic scalable to window size and unify graph look for EVR Sync and other renderers
- "Replace currently loaded subtitles" option no longer removes subtitles provided by splitter
- Change Pan&Scan logic:
- PnS Rotate Y- now flips horizontally
- PnS Rotate X- now flips vertically
- PnS Rotate Z- now rotates 90 degrees (counter-clockwise)
- The postive rotate functions still do 1 degree rotation around their axis
- Hide the infobar in normal view preset. This makes it equal to default view
- Ticket #2022/#4779: Rewrite subtitles downloading framework
- Support for multiple subtitle providers including default OpenSubtitles as well as podnapisi, titlovi, SubDB, ysubs and Napisy24 which can be enabled in options (Subtitles->Misc)
- Ticket #5193, Ability to upload subtitles to OpenSubtitles and SubDB
- Ability to login into OpenSubtitles
- Ticket #5406, Ability to filter subtitle list by selected languages
- Option to automatically search and download subtitles at the beginning of playback without user interaction
- Prioritize subtitles for hearing impaired where indicated
- Ticket #5472, Append language code when saving the subtitles file
- Updated Arabic, Armenian, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, British English, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional),
Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian,
Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak,
Slovenian, Swedish, Spanish, Tatar, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese translations
- Window position and/or size could be wrong when exiting fullscreen mode for the first time and"Launch files in fullscreen" option is enabled.
- Ticket #5748, Track selection menus did not work when using DVB capture
- Ticket #2202, Automatically rotate MP4/MOV/FLV files when the rotation info is available
- Ticket #5557, Show the correct language name for Serbian subtitles. They used to show as Croatian
- Ticket #5828, Update seekbar position when generating thumbnails
- Ticket #5829, Creating thumbnails while the video was stopped left the player in an undefined state.
The stopped state is now properly restored after creating the thumbnails