- Fixed visual glitches when scrolling lists horizontally with mouse wheel through Logitech software.
- Improved output format negotiation with exclusive output.
- Fixed failure to install components from store-mode (uncompressed) zip archives.
- Improved handling of malformed FLAC files, prevented crash from too many cuesheet entries.
- Correct reporting of AC3 channel count in MP4 files even without AC3 component installed (before it would incorrectly report stereo).
- Allowed UTF-8 cuesheets without UTF-8 header.
- Fixed htmlspecialchars misuse in component update list / component page link.
- Mapped MP4 @mvn field to "movement name".
- Prevented the same folder from being added more than once to the Media Library.
- Properties dialog: deferred logging of user-entered field names for the dropdown list until the tags are saved, effectively preventing typos from being remembered.
- Fixed a bug causing alt+f4 (and possibly other keyboard events) to be disregarded if mouse pointer is above specific interactive portion of a window (list controls, buttons in editboxes).
- Improved handling of files with malformed APE tags - some files were entirely unplayable.
- More thorough 'remove tags' for Vorbis, Opus and Musepack.
- Fixed text truncation in ReplayGain Scanner preferences page.
- Refactored exclusive mode overrides in Advanced Preferences.
- Added a specific workaround for Intel SST Audio, so exclusive mode works without manual tweaks.
- Prevented foobar2000 from starting up with foo_dsp_std.dll missing, or else normal playback fails.
Note that this can only happen as a result of tampering with the installation, as foo_dsp_std.dll is always installed.
- Made Advanced Preferences searchable.
- Added support for attaching pictures to Matroska files; fixed Matroska tag editing bugs.
- More accurate reporting of Matroska bitrate (actual content is probed if needed).
- Added itunesadvisory tag support for M4A.
- Updated embedded cuesheet handling code.
- Replaced PPHS resampler with much faster libretro resampler.
- Added support for internet radio album art.
- Converter: Encoded FLAC files are now updated with proper FLAC seektables, if FLAC.exe doesn't write them by itself.
- Converter: Workarounds for clashes when writing to a Media Library indexed folder.
- Converter: Added built-in profile for exhale AAC encoder.
- Converter: Fixed some warning prompts not being possible to permanently disable.
- Fixed slightly inaccurate bitrate reporting for Musepack and WavPack. Tags are now excluded from file size used to calculate the bitrate.
- Now compiled with Visual Studio 2019 (was 2017 before).
- Rewritten internal 7-zip support - now opens large files without running out of memory.
- Updated ReplayGain scanner: improved speed, added classic ReplayGain scanning mode as an option.
- Converter now warns about conversion of float32 to integer format, as it is not lossless if the source file isn't peak-normalized.
- "Remove Tags" now retains Apple gapless (iTunSMPB) information on MP3 files.
- Rationale: tag manipulation should not cause the file to decode differently.
- Opt-out of this behavior in Advancd Preferences.
- Fixed some M4A chapter titles not reading correctly.
- Added support for itunescatalogid for M4A files.
- Fixes for instability from extreme 7-zip reader memory usage.
- Fixed a glitch in ReplayGain scanner preferences.
- Fixed playback queue display glitch regression from 1.6.3 final.
- Added mouse previous/next navigation in Preferences.
- Fixed RAR reading crash bug introduced in 1.6.2.
- Improved WASAPI compatibility with specific audio devices.
- Fixed playback queue being flushed when playing a song from library search result. (beta 2)
- Now complains on startup if mixing files from different foobar2000 releases. (beta 2)
- Fixed wrong stream labels in "Select Stream" on Matroska if not all streams were readable by installed decoders. (beta 3)
- Made "Select Stream" dialog show more info about each stream. (beta 3)
- Fixed enter key behavior in "Select Stream" dialog list. (beta 3)
- Various obscure Matroska PCM configurations now decode correctly. (beta 3)
- Converter: Improved long filename support. (beta 3)
- Fixed incorrect behavior of playlist_execute_default_action() method. (final)
- HLS radio bug fixes.
- Double clicking album covers in Default User Interface shows full-size picture.
- Archive reader optimizations; much more efficient handling of uncompressed (store-mode) archives.
- Drag-and-drop or copy-to-clipboard of large number of tracks no longer copies their plaintext titles.
- Added support for HLS: HTTP Live Streaming. To use, add internet M3U8 file through Add Location dialog.
- Enabled icy-metadata support for Ogg FLAC internet radio streams.
- Updated Properties / ReplayGain page layout if editing a single file.
- Improved Properties dialog performance, list of autocomplete entries is populated asynchronously.
- Enabled embedded album art loading from raw .AAC files with ID3 tags.
- Updated FFmpeg to 4.3.1.
- Added support for playing Matroska A_MS/ACM content.
- Fixes for rare AAC codec configurations that FFmpeg doesn't fully support - an add-on decoder can override the built-in one for such special cases.
- Decoders are now made aware of output sample rate (from Windows Mixer settings) and can decode certain formats directly to the intended sample rate, skipping potential resampling steps.
- Fixed "fade on manual track change" setting not being used since version 1.6. (beta 6)
- Changing volume no longer affects Windows Mixer sliders; restarting foobar2000 no longer resets Windows Mixer slider to 100%. (beta 7)
- Mitigated crash when initiating drag&drop of a very large number of songs (such as Album List "all music"). (beta 8)
- Enabled support for 7-zip archives using PPMd compression. (beta 8)