- New and improved Properties dialog, with the ability to manipulate attached pictures as well as scan and modify ReplayGain values.
- Greatly improved Selection Properties performance for large track lists.
- Various prompts (such as delete/recycle) now come with a “do not show this again” checkbox.
- Restored pre-1.4 behavior of main-window-hidden/notification-icon-only status being remembered after foobar2000 restart.
- Added logging of Media Library scanning errors - “show errors” button in Media Library Preferences.
- Added Advanced Preferences option for flushing playback queue on manual track change (default: on).
- Made “Open containing folder” command work with tracks in archives - opens folder containing the archive.
- Added an option to preserve last-modified timestamps of tracks when updating tags.
- Additional safeguards against corrupted configuration in case of a system crash while saving (FlushFileBuffers).
- File Operations: delete/recycle prompt always says “Delete” rather than “Recycle”, since not every volume supports recycle action.
- FFmpeg 3.4.6, now compiled with MS compiler, binary size reduced due to DLL runtime.
- Implemented reading of cue+bin audio CD images.
- Implemented asynchronous drag&drop, for less stalls when dragging tracks from foobar2000 to another program.
- Made Converter never overwrite the source files.
- Fixed Properties autocomplete vs multiline edit box clash.
- Fixed earlier 1.4 series regression with writing of ID3v2 COMMENT fields to TXXX frames instead of COMM.
- Fixed incorrect Converter output with both “don't reset DSP between tracks” and “copy other files” features in use.
- Workaround for WMA tag editing failing on long file paths.
- Converter: Prefer user specified converter paths over %PATH%.
- Fixed Resampler DSP using crashing on very old PCs due to a VS2017 compiler bug.
- Various obscure crash bugs have been addressed (Converter, ReplayGain Scanner, Default UI).
- MS Store: Fixed .FTH file type association; made MS Store mode reported to console on startup.
- Fixed crashing when exiting foobar2000 while playing an internet radio stream.
- Fixed drag&drop glitches on Windows 10 with multiple monitors having different pixel densities.
- Fixed Default UI preferences groups & columns drag&drop glitches.
- Fixed incorrect formatting of written EXTM3U playlists.
- Fixed incorrect truncation of specific long filenames in File Operations.
- Fixed unnecessary reopening of remote files being played.
- Fixed playback marker in playlists not being correctly retained in some conditions.
- Improved internal IMA ADPCM WAV decoder (fixed rounding errors, fixed incorrect output duration).
- foobar2000 now refuses to open 24-bit WMA lossless files on Windows 10 - which would otherwise decode incorrectly.
- You can work around it by feeding WMA files to foo_input_ffmpeg component.
- Fixed disappearing metadata and playlist content corruption with certain internet radio playlists.
- Fixed high CPU usage with read-ahead options active.
- Converter: Fixed broken save-as dialog with | character in encoder names.
- Made foo_ui_std.dll & foo_input_std.dll report version number of the foobar2000 release that they came with, as some people seem to mix binaries from different releases then run into issues.
- Made possible to fall back to another decoder with WMA files that standard WMA decoder doesn't accept.
- Fixed disappearing & appearing 'version' file in library configuration folder.
- Updated FFmpeg to 3.4.5.
- Fixed certain AIFF files not playing (beta 2).
- Restored foobar2000 version number in HTTP user-agent string (beta 2).
- Added an option to force HTTP CONNECT with proxy servers (beta 2).
- Fixed 1.4 regression causing odd behaviors when the currently playing track is removed from playlist (beta 2).
- Fixed 1.4 regression causing certain combinations of shuffle and playlist operations to crash (beta 2).
- Fixed 1.4 regression with missing HTTP host field in proxy server requests (beta 3, beta 5).
- Fixed a bug causing random crashes when decoding Vorbis (possibly also MP3 and AAC) due to bad parameters fed to FFmpeg (beta 4).
- Converter: Made malformed UTF-8 in source file tags no longer cause conversion to FLAC to fail (beta 5).
- Fixed ReplayGain alter file content crash (final).
- Added new iTunes ID3 classical fields.
- Improved playlist behaviors when deleting the now playing file.
- ReplayGain apply-gain-and-prevent-clipping no longer presumes 1.0 peak when peak is unknown.
- Fixed occasional errors when saving configuration.
- Converter: Improved behavior when output file names repeat.
- Fixed HTTP client bugs (internet radio, network shares).
- Made MP4 files with missing duration info playable.
- Windows 10 Universal Volume Control integration disabled by default due to bugs. This should address “multimedia keys don't work” issues.
- Fixed a bug that would cause spurious rewrites of certain configuration files [beta 2].
- Made default MP4 handler gracefully fail to decode files with no supported audio tracks - so another decoder lower on the list can handle them [beta 2].
- Worked around an “Open…” dialog lockup with lots and lots of supported file formats provided by third party components [final].
- etter error message when trying to open M4A file renamed to .aac.
- Added %video_codec% info for Matroska and MP4 files.
- Added support for PCM audio in MP4 container.
- Made mouse wheel work in playlist view during a drag&drop operation.
- Improved handling of classical music metadata for iTunes M4A files.
- Added %bitspersample_extra% info to tell between int32/float32 PCM files.
- Added support for ID3v2 iTunes Grouping field.
- Converter: advanced-preferences option to encode to temp folder and move encoded-and-tagged files to the intended destination.
- Made tag update operations not fail when another application has the file open for reading.
- Corrected wrong bitrate shown for FLAC in Matroska container.
- Corrected labels for F13-F24 keyboard shortcuts.
- Fixed bugs with ReplayGain Scanner's automatic resampling of high sample rate content.
- Bumped maximum allowed sample rate to deal with DSD1024 content.
- Made Media Library respect 'include hidden files & folders' setting in Advanced Preferences.
- Converter with “don't reset DSP between tracks” now respects DSP-reported latency for proper handling of gapless albums.
- PPHS resampler bug fixes (inaccurate reported latency, crashing with extreme sample rates).
- Fixed ReplayGain scan results showing zero peaks on near-silent 24-bit files.
- New and improved buffering scheme for improved network streaming performance (ported from foobar2000 mobile).
- Internet radio handling regressions from 1.4 fixed; added an Advanced Preferences setting for ShoutCast metadata codepage.
- Fixed component auto update on Windows XP (1.4 regression).
- Added an Advanced Preferences option to toggle asymmetric search, reverting search behaviors to 1.3 style.
- Added title formatting fields for showing track/album peaks as decibel values.
- Improved status feedback from batch attach album art tool.
- Pressing “next” past the end of playlist now restarts the playlist even without “repeat” mode.
- Made Converter “copy other files” feature respect parent folder (..\pattern) references.
- Added EXTM3U info writing (enabled via advanced preferences).
- Added 5.1 and 7.1 upmix DSPs.
- Deleting the currently playing files no longer shows error popups (1.4 regression).
- Fixed repaint glitches in media library search edit box.
- Updated Opus decoder to latest libopus 1.3.
- Fixed a bug causing poor Default UI playlist performance with tens of thousands of item.
- Fixed incompatibility with certain HTTP servers causing music files to fail to play from those servers.
- Internet radio regression fixes.
- Made DSP presets in the toolbar sorted.
- Worked around the disappearing window bug of Windows 10 1809.
- Made technical info properly shown for various Ogg based internet radios (Vorbis, Opus, FLAC).
- Fixed 1.4 regression causing incorrect detection of Internet Explorer proxy server settings.
- Fixed 1.4 regression causing some tag updates to fail with 'access denied' when another app is accessing the files.
- Fixed various 175% text size rendering glitches.
- Fixed odd behaviors while installing regular foobar2000 alongside MS Store foobar2000.
- Fixed ReplayGain scanner preferences page glitches.
- Added preferences page to adjust priority order of installed decoders.
- Greatly improved DSP manager dialog.
- Added output mode switcher toolbar item to Default User Interface.
- Converter improvements:
・Keeping incomplete/problematic output files is now optional;
they're deleted by default.
・New and improved overwrite prompt dialog.
・FDK AAC is now among the default presets.
- ReplayGain scanner improvements:
・Apply gain to file content feature now runs in
multiple threads and supports MP2 content.
・Added command to manually manipulate Opus header
gain field for both .opus and Matroska.
・New Preferences pages (beta 4).
- Playlist & Media Library search use a new text-matching algorithm similar to Unicode Asymmetric Search.
- Reworked Default User Interface Preferences pages; improved options for minimize & close behaviors.
- Cosmetic tweaks; prettier buttons attached to editboxes in various dialogs.
- Cleaned up Opus header gain manipulation, reported value no longer offseted by 5 dB, made header gain respected when embedded in Matroska container.
- Matroska support improvements, improved seeking performance on files without seektables.
- Made possible to choose between alternate audio streams in MP4 and Matroska files.
- Implemented WebM internet stream playback.
- Made Album List remember expanded nodes.
- Raised track count limit for cue sheets from 99 to 999.
- Fixed a bug causing incorrect tags being read from certain multi-chapter MP4 files.
- Integration with Windows 10 Universal Volume Control.
- Playback controls in taskbar on Windows 7 and newer.
- New, different scheme of storing user's playlists in app data:
・Playlists now reside under playlists-v1.4, you can delete the playlists-v1.3 folder if you no longer need it.
・Unchanged playlists are no longer rewritten on each app shutdown.
- Merged networking features from foobar2000 mobile:
・FTPES/FTPS now also supported (beta 12).
・Refreshed HTTP/HTTPS reader; added the ability to read remote folder listings.
- Improved handling of various file formats over HTTP, AIFF and Musepack in particular.
- New Default UI toolbar items for DSP presets and ReplayGain modes.
- More robust M3U/M3U8/PLS playlist handling:
・iTunes-created M3U8 playlists now load correctly.
・Big fat warning when trying to save a M3U/PLS file that may not be readable correctly due to international characters.
- New file format icons (beta 7, beta 9).
- Improved media library search performance.
- Made various playlist and search result sorting operations use multiple CPU cores.
- All communication with foobar2000 website (troubleshooter, crash reporting, update checks) is now encrypted.
- Amended Matroska tagging, certain rare files that would fail to update before are now taggable.
- Improved recovery from removable audio output device unplug.
・Volume control now works if the device wasn't available
during foobar2000 startup but got attached later.
- Media Library now handles very long filenames correctly.
- Fixed a bug in CD drive configuration dialog - automatic drive offset lookup works again.
- Refreshed File Operations preset management, now stored in a plain text files instead and possible to import/export/edit.
- Relaxed beta version timeout, now possible to dismiss the message and launch without updating.
- Reverted to old 3.2.4 due to reported crashes.
- Cleaned up Default User Interface status bar, added a new field for count of selected tracks.
- Work around for DirectSound audio stutters with Windows 10 1803 (beta 19)