- New and improved Properties dialog, with the ability to manipulate attached pictures as well as scan and modify ReplayGain values.
- Greatly improved Selection Properties performance for large track lists.
- Various prompts (such as delete/recycle) now come with a “do not show this again” checkbox.
- Restored pre-1.4 behavior of main-window-hidden/notification-icon-only status being remembered after foobar2000 restart.
- Added logging of Media Library scanning errors - “show errors” button in Media Library Preferences.
- Added Advanced Preferences option for flushing playback queue on manual track change (default: on).
- Made “Open containing folder” command work with tracks in archives - opens folder containing the archive.
- Added an option to preserve last-modified timestamps of tracks when updating tags.
- Additional safeguards against corrupted configuration in case of a system crash while saving (FlushFileBuffers).
- File Operations: delete/recycle prompt always says “Delete” rather than “Recycle”, since not every volume supports recycle action.
- FFmpeg 3.4.6, now compiled with MS compiler, binary size reduced due to DLL runtime.
- Implemented reading of cue+bin audio CD images.
- Implemented asynchronous drag&drop, for less stalls when dragging tracks from foobar2000 to another program.
- Corrected a 1.4.7 regression causing certain old components to stop working correctly.
- File Operations: Fixed window order bugs with Windows 10 1809 and newer
- Fixed creation of crash reports from stack overflow crashes.
- Fixed some Ogg files being unplayable since version 1.4.
- Changed order of written FLAC metadata blocks to work around bugs in Windows Explorer.
- Misc bug fixes.
- Made Converter never overwrite the source files.
- Fixed Properties autocomplete vs multiline edit box clash.
- Fixed earlier 1.4 series regression with writing of ID3v2 COMMENT fields to TXXX frames instead of COMM.
- Fixed incorrect Converter output with both “don't reset DSP between tracks” and “copy other files” features in use.
- Workaround for WMA tag editing failing on long file paths.
- Converter: Prefer user specified converter paths over %PATH%.
- Fixed Resampler DSP using crashing on very old PCs due to a VS2017 compiler bug.
- Various obscure crash bugs have been addressed (Converter, ReplayGain Scanner, Default UI).
- MS Store: Fixed .FTH file type association; made MS Store mode reported to console on startup.
- Fixed crashing when exiting foobar2000 while playing an internet radio stream.
- Fixed drag&drop glitches on Windows 10 with multiple monitors having different pixel densities.
- Fixed Default UI preferences groups & columns drag&drop glitches.
- Fixed incorrect formatting of written EXTM3U playlists.
- Fixed incorrect truncation of specific long filenames in File Operations.
- Fixed unnecessary reopening of remote files being played.
- Fixed playback marker in playlists not being correctly retained in some conditions.
- Improved internal IMA ADPCM WAV decoder (fixed rounding errors, fixed incorrect output duration).
- foobar2000 now refuses to open 24-bit WMA lossless files on Windows 10 - which would otherwise decode incorrectly.
- You can work around it by feeding WMA files to foo_input_ffmpeg component.
- Fixed disappearing metadata and playlist content corruption with certain internet radio playlists.
- Fixed high CPU usage with read-ahead options active.
- Converter: Fixed broken save-as dialog with | character in encoder names.
- Made foo_ui_std.dll & foo_input_std.dll report version number of the foobar2000 release that they came with, as some people seem to mix binaries from different releases then run into issues.
- Made possible to fall back to another decoder with WMA files that standard WMA decoder doesn't accept.
- Fixed disappearing & appearing 'version' file in library configuration folder.
- Updated FFmpeg to 3.4.5.
- Fixed certain AIFF files not playing (beta 2).
- Restored foobar2000 version number in HTTP user-agent string (beta 2).
- Added an option to force HTTP CONNECT with proxy servers (beta 2).
- Fixed 1.4 regression causing odd behaviors when the currently playing track is removed from playlist (beta 2).
- Fixed 1.4 regression causing certain combinations of shuffle and playlist operations to crash (beta 2).
- Fixed 1.4 regression with missing HTTP host field in proxy server requests (beta 3, beta 5).
- Fixed a bug causing random crashes when decoding Vorbis (possibly also MP3 and AAC) due to bad parameters fed to FFmpeg (beta 4).
- Converter: Made malformed UTF-8 in source file tags no longer cause conversion to FLAC to fail (beta 5).
- Fixed ReplayGain alter file content crash (final).
- Added new iTunes ID3 classical fields.
- Improved playlist behaviors when deleting the now playing file.
- ReplayGain apply-gain-and-prevent-clipping no longer presumes 1.0 peak when peak is unknown.
- Fixed occasional errors when saving configuration.
- Converter: Improved behavior when output file names repeat.
- Fixed HTTP client bugs (internet radio, network shares).
- Made MP4 files with missing duration info playable.
- Windows 10 Universal Volume Control integration disabled by default due to bugs. This should address “multimedia keys don't work” issues.
- Fixed a bug that would cause spurious rewrites of certain configuration files [beta 2].
- Made default MP4 handler gracefully fail to decode files with no supported audio tracks - so another decoder lower on the list can handle them [beta 2].
- Worked around an “Open…” dialog lockup with lots and lots of supported file formats provided by third party components [final].