- Fixed playback queue display glitch regression from 1.6.3 final.
- Added mouse previous/next navigation in Preferences.
- Fixed RAR reading crash bug introduced in 1.6.2.
- Improved WASAPI compatibility with specific audio devices.
- Fixed playback queue being flushed when playing a song from library search result. (beta 2)
- Now complains on startup if mixing files from different foobar2000 releases. (beta 2)
- Fixed wrong stream labels in "Select Stream" on Matroska if not all streams were readable by installed decoders. (beta 3)
- Made "Select Stream" dialog show more info about each stream. (beta 3)
- Fixed enter key behavior in "Select Stream" dialog list. (beta 3)
- Various obscure Matroska PCM configurations now decode correctly. (beta 3)
- Converter: Improved long filename support. (beta 3)
- Fixed incorrect behavior of playlist_execute_default_action() method. (final)
- HLS radio bug fixes.
- Double clicking album covers in Default User Interface shows full-size picture.
- Archive reader optimizations; much more efficient handling of uncompressed (store-mode) archives.
- Drag-and-drop or copy-to-clipboard of large number of tracks no longer copies their plaintext titles.
- Added support for HLS: HTTP Live Streaming. To use, add internet M3U8 file through Add Location dialog.
- Enabled icy-metadata support for Ogg FLAC internet radio streams.
- Updated Properties / ReplayGain page layout if editing a single file.
- Improved Properties dialog performance, list of autocomplete entries is populated asynchronously.
- Enabled embedded album art loading from raw .AAC files with ID3 tags.
- Updated FFmpeg to 4.3.1.
- Added support for playing Matroska A_MS/ACM content.
- Fixes for rare AAC codec configurations that FFmpeg doesn't fully support - an add-on decoder can override the built-in one for such special cases.
- Decoders are now made aware of output sample rate (from Windows Mixer settings) and can decode certain formats directly to the intended sample rate, skipping potential resampling steps.
- Fixed "fade on manual track change" setting not being used since version 1.6. (beta 6)
- Changing volume no longer affects Windows Mixer sliders; restarting foobar2000 no longer resets Windows Mixer slider to 100%. (beta 7)
- Mitigated crash when initiating drag&drop of a very large number of songs (such as Album List "all music"). (beta 8)
- Enabled support for 7-zip archives using PPMd compression. (beta 8)
- Lowest supported Windows version is now Windows 7. Windows XP is no longer supported.
- Default output mode is now WASAPI shared.
- New fading capability that works with alternate output modes.
- Default archive reader now supports 7-zip format.
- Added support for WebP album covers (Default UI, Properties dialog). Settings need to be changed to look for folder.webp instead of folder.jpg.
- Removed mixer volume sync feature due to bugs.
- Cleaned up foo_rgscan alter-file-content & alter-opus-header methods.
- Removed obsolete edit-replaygain-info menu command since Properties dialog does the same now.
- Added an option to disregard mouse forward/back buttons (by default mapped to previous/next track).
- Double clicking a line in Properties album art tab now opens a fullsize image viewer.
- Fileops & Converter: Added alternate handling of invalid filename characters, toggled in Advanced Preferences.
- Freedb component updated: now queries all configured servers and displays results grouped by server.
- Updated File Operations & Converter file name pattern picker dialog, now auto selects current pattern on open if possible.
- CDDA reading no longer requires admin privileges on Windows Server.
- Updated autoplaylist editing dialogs, made resizable.
- Component autoupdate dialog visual fixes.
- Fixed an obscure bug in FPL playlist loader.
- MP4 AAC/USAC compatibility fixes (additional component still required).
- Fixed incorrect behavior of shared printf() function on large hex values.
- Pointed freedb metadata lookup at freedb.dbpoweramp.com, since original freedb is being shut down.
- Corrected a 1.5.3 regression causing certain very short MP4/M4A files to decode incorrectly.
- Internal changes to allow add-on components to correctly decode xHE-AAC format.
- Crash bug fixes.
- Made component autoupdate show change logs before updating.
- Made possible for components to provide alternate decoders for AAC format versions not supported by the internal decoder.