- Start Center for frequently used functions
- Compatability with Windows 10 (1709) and higher
- Better utilization of the antivirus engine
- Upgraded service handling
- Improved SecureBoot support
- Improved search for malware
- We at Safer-Networking Ltd. are pleased to announce the release of version 2.6 of our popular anti-malware software ‘Spybot - Search & Destroy’.
This version contains not only bug fixes but we have also improved security using Extended Validation (EV) Code Signing Certificates.
We now offer full support for Microsoft SmartScreen and users will no longer receive warnings of possible Live Protection and Security Center Service conflicts.
If you were affected by these issues, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience and hope that you will benefit from this upgrade to the latest version.
This version is recommended for all users of Windows 7 and above.
- problems when bdcore.dll is updated (only Spybot +AV editions)
- for antivirus updates the proxy settings were ignored (only Spybot +AV editions)
- we rephrased the message that is printed when no new updates are available to be more user-friendly
- for users of the Polish translation of Spybot, updating was broken
- In response to the latest techniques used by malware developers we have added new enhanced detection methods.
This means better protection against the new wave of spyware, rootkits and viruses.
Scanning and cleaning is now much faster. We have ‘tweaked’ our scanning engine so it now scans faster and some cleaning tasks are now fully automated.
We have also made certain features of Spybot easier to access from the user interface at the request of our customers, many of whom gave us very useful feedback.
There have also been many other functional improvements and enhancements.
Improved Startup Tools.
These powerful tools now work with even the latest Windows Operating Systems.
SDScan now runs automatically with escalated privileges.
This means no more annoying restarts and no need to run SDCleaner.
Furthermore we have added an exciting new ‘Notifications’ feature:
Spybot can now be configured to send the results of scans on your PC to your mobile device, server, chat or website.
You no longer have to wait around while Spybot is doing a scan.
As soon as your scan finishes a message will be sent to your chosen device and you will be informed of possible threats.
This means you can react and make decisions on what action to take much faster.
- Release 2.2 of Spybot will incorporate these modifications in order to ensure compatibility with WindowsR 8.1.
All other changes are minor, which means that you will not need to upgrade from Spybot 2.1 to 2.2 unless you are planning on switching to WindowsR 8.1.
2.1 Service Release
- The second service release of Spybot 2.1 is now available. As well as background improvements we have also included updated language files and installation is now smoother.
As a result of feedback from users we have also changed the default settings for Internet Protection to give better performance.
The Start Center and the tray icon now give you more precise information about the status of options.