- Detection and remediation.
- Updating functionality.
- rundll32 AE block in Word.
- Mwac.sys BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA under certain circumstances.
- Telemetry error "processPath is empty" after MWAC exclusion is added using tray.
- A few UI issues.
- Users report to lose connection (visibility) to the LAS or Network Neighborhood after upgrading to component package version 1.0.1070.
- Scan Report Usability.
- Detection and remediation.
- W7 Install or Upgrade failure under certain circumstances.
- Fail to display "Malwarebytes is up to date" when the user interface (UI) is relaunched after a successful component update (CU) under certain circumstances.
- Protection updates could hang under certain circumstances and prevent scheduled scans from running
- Several UI issues.
- You can now filter out Reports with no detections from the Reports list.
- Frequently asked questions have been added to the Help page.
- Improved detection and remediation.
- Improved performance.
- MB4 doesn't exit play mode if the application is terminated forcibly.
- Reboot is required in case malware detected on Hot swap SCSI volume.
- Backslash in the end of Custom installation path cause incorrect exception.
- Assorted issues with Scan Reports management, fail to delete or select under certain circumstances.
- Several other user interface (UI) issues.
- Improved performance for remediation
- Enhanced upgrading capabilities
- Enhanced exploit protection
- Fail to launch after reboot for installation/upgrade under certain circumstances
- Dashboard buttons active behind open pages
- MBAM UI does not open under certain circumstances, file missing (wlanapi.dll)
- Increased memory usage of MBAMSERVICE on win10x64 under certain circumstances
- Additional MWAC BSODs under certain circumstances
- Several additional issues relating to upgrading to 4.1
Some Issues now addressed:
- Dark Mode UI
- Enhanced Performance
- Improved AE detection and remediation
- Fixed: install failed in Install Certificates
- Fixed: Several BSODs or hangs occurring under certain circumstances
- Fixed: web protection prevents Avast SecureLine VPN from turning off
- Fixed: Several UI issues
- Improved zero-hour detection - pinpoints new threats as they arise and before they can wreak havoc on your device
- Expanded malware detection - blocks even more malware for improved protection
- Signature-less behavioral detection - identifies the latest variants of dangerous malware families that attempt to evade traditional signatures through runtime packing, obfuscation and encryption, offering instant protection against new threats that traditional AV has a hard time detecting
- Faster threat definition process - streamlines the publishing of new definitions, reducing the time it takes to protect you from new threats
- Revamped user interface - Completely redesigned user interface that is intuitive, more informative and simple to use
- Threat statistics - allows you to see what Malwarebytes is doing for you in real-time and get a first-hand view of what threats are coming at you (and being blocked)
- Cybersecurity news - dynamic feed keeps you informed of the latest threats and other security topics
- Easier updates - more automation means you receive the latest protection with less effort
Major Bug Fixes:
- Improved detection and remediation techniques
- Fixed: GSOD related to MWAC DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
- Fixed an issue where Web Protection would continue to block/unblock whitelisted URLs until the machine was rebooted
- Fixed an issue where Web Protection could interfere with IPv6 connectivity
- Fixed: MB3 erroneously registers with Windows Security Center on Windows 10 1903
- Fixed: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a) BSOD that occured during rootkit scan
- Fixed: minor issues with multi-language support
- Improved detection and remediation
- Removed default monthly Scheduled Scan in Free mode
- Updated the installer to allow installation to standalone Business mode when certain conditions are met
- Fixed BSOD involving farflt.sys
- Fixed issue with exclusion involving short filenames
- Fixed issue where Real-Time Protection did not enable properly
- Addressed other miscellaneous defects