- Now detects and removes JRE 8
- Fixed registry access issues on x32 systems
- Fixed an exception when running JavaRa on the commandline on x64 Windows
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese localization
- Apologies for releasing an update less than two weeks after JavaRa 2.4 was announced, but there was a number of serious issues that couldn’t wait until the next scheduled release.
A Windows security update released in December affected JavaRa’s ability to access the Windows registry,
effectively breaking its ability to identify and remove versions of the Java Runtime Environment on some systems.
JavaRa 2.5 implements a more reliable method of accessing the registry, which has restored the Remove Java Runtime and Check JRE version functionality.
Due to the time sensitive nature of this release, we have only tested it on Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8 x64.
Users of other operating systems are encouraged to report issues in the JavaRa support forum.
Furthermore, a change to the Oracle download servers prevented JavaRa from being able to download the latest version of the Java Runtime Environment directly from their website.
In JavaRa 2.5 the JRE installer will be acquired from SingularLabs’ servers instead. We will be enabling this slowly to ensure we don’t overload our servers.
- Fixed issue where the JavaRa definition file would become truncated
- Updated internal URLs to reflect Oracle’s changes in the JRE download server
- Fixed issue causing hidden controls to become visible
- Fixed issue where definition updater would freeze
- The logging option can no longer be disabled
- Fixed crash when using multiple command line switches
- The size of the application window is now preserved between sessions
- Updated Russian, Czech, Spanish and Brazilian translations
- Added Italian and Traditional Chinese translations
- Commandline switch feature improved significantly (props rweber)
- Error logging improvements
- Interface text is now easier to localize
- Added Finnish and Czech translations
- Configuration file is saved more efficiently