7.1 Build 2
- This is the final release of System Restore Point Creator.
This last version is a build combining most of the changes that occurred in the Public Beta Test Branch before I pulled support for this program back in March of 2018.
This release does not change the fact that this program is no longer supported.
7.0 Build 4
- Removed the system restore auto-fix code from the system restore creation code on the main window, it was causing far more issues than it was helping to solve.
Users are instead told to go to the System Restore Point Utilities menu and to click on Manually Fix System Restore.
There's a lot of changes going on in the Public Beta version right now and much of the code changes are very deep in the program,
I don't feel that these changes are ready for public release yet so I'm once again holding back on releasing a 7.1 version.
As soon as I feel confident that the changes are stable I will release it.
I need more testing so please, if you feel up to testing beta software... please join in.
7.0 Build 3
- This is an out-of-band emergency update.
I have backported a fix from the dev branch to fix a critical bug.
Fixed the getSafeModeBootStatus() function because Microsoft changed some stuff.
This prevented the program from detecting if Safe Mode Boot was enabled which could result in people being stuck in Safe Mode Boot.
7.0 Build 2
- Backported a fix from the dev branch to fix an issue in which the crash window appears after a user clicks No to the UAC prompt.
This should only occur if something other than an error code of 0x80004005 occurs.
This patch fixes this issue.
7.0 Build 1
- Added exception handling to the setMultiRunForTask() function.
- Added additional paths to remove to the removeSourceCodePathInfo() function.
- Added the ability to enable Multi-Select Mode to the right-click context menu on the Application Event Log window.
- Fixed a bug in which right-clicking on the Event Log list would not make the delete option visible.
- Fixed an obscure bug on the Update Message window in which a label was incorrectly placed on the UI when UI scaling was enabled.
- Fixed a bug in which the program may crash while writing to the "lastrun" file.
- Changed the writeCrashToEventLog() call to use a Warning flag.
- Added an additional check for the proxyPass in the settings to the code that builds and returns a new httpHelper Object.
- Put some sanity checks into the editBCDStore code.
- Massive code cleanups and inclusions of the Using statement in the VSS and WMI code.
- Replaced many IsNullOrEmpty checks with IsNullOrWhiteSpace checks.
- Included a new data type in the restorePointCreatorExportedLog Class that's used to store data for the Application Event Log, namely boolException.
- Fixed portable mode so that the program uses the current directory as the location to store the application log file instead of the Common Application Data directory.
- Merged in version 1.304 of the HTTPHelper.
- Increased the size of the bar in the Please Wait panel to go the right edge like it is on the left edge.
- Instead of simply crashing when a UAC prompt-based elevation failure occurs the program now allows users to send the crash data to me (the developer) via the Crash Data Submission Form.
- Rewrote the log file handling functions to write XML serialized data to memory first,
write the data to a temporary file, do some checks, and then finally if everything is good then delete the actual log file and rename the temporary file.
This is in effort to make sure that the log file's integrity is maintained (the actual log file remains intact until after a successful write) even if something were to go wrong during the write to disk.
- Included additional checks to the code used to verify data that's written to disk for the log file.
This is all in effort to make sure that the log file's integrity is maintained throughout the entire file write operation.
- Fixed a small bug when deleting individual log file entries in which the refresh of the data wasn't triggered. Deleting multiple entries didn't have this issue.
- Cleaned up a possible Object leakage when writing to the application log file.
- Added a "submitted" flag to the log entry objects to store whether or not the user has submitted the crash data.
This flag on the log entry object will be set to True upon submitting the data to me (the developer) and thus the program will not ask you to submit the data again.
- Updated the embedded Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler library to version 2.7 Build 3.
- Added sorting code to the function that deletes X number of restore points.
6.9 Build 3
- This is an out of band emergency update.
Backported a fix from the dev branch to fix an issue with exporting log files that resulted in corrupt log files.
This was caused by a regression in version 6.9 Build 1.
6.9 Build 2
- Fixed a bug in which if the log file doesn't exist the program fails to create a new one.
Somehow this bug escaped the month of testing in the public beta branch.
Thanks goes out to Charles Ray for reporting this issue to me.