- It is now possible to configure the program to keep changes made to its settings (whether or not the advanced mode is enabled, custom color brightness, etc.)
- By default, the application now uses your exact accent color as it appears in the Settings app instead of the title bar color which is often slightly different.
This change can be reverted in the application options;
- Fixed a bug that caused the About dialog box to unexpectedly appear in specific scenarios;
- When a modal dialog is opened (eg. the about dialog) while the application's main window is not visible, the modal dialog no longer appears in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Labels with RGB values are replaced with preview rectangles.
The latter are also available in basic mode.
In the advanced mode, RGB values are still available by hovering the mouse on their related preview rectangles;
- The setting to change a color brightness is now in a separate dialog;
- It is now possible to change the brightness of all colors;
- It is now possible to change the foreground color of background system colors;
- Improved error handling;
- Improved UI styling when title bars are white, when visual styles are disabled or when a high contrast theme is used;
- The advanced mode now also has explanation text;
- The system tray notification title now precisely mention what is being done instead of simply showing the application name;
- Eliminated unnecessary redrawing when swithing between the basic mode and the advanced mode;
- The executable now has a custom icon instead of the generic one.
- The context menu of the system tray icon now uses the system style instead of the Office style;
- Ensured compatibility with the Windows Anniversary update.
- Fixed a bug that often made the application freeze when using the old color slider in the Control Panel;
- Fixed a bug that often resulted in the wrong color to be applied as the Active Caption Gradient system color;
- Removed a few undocumented command-line parameters that did not work correctly anyway;
- Improved the French localization;
- Improved the explanation text in the basic mode.
- Added the ability to set the brightness for some system colors;
- Added the ability to close the program from its tray icon's context menu;
- Changed a few strings.
- In version 1.1.0, the option that improve[d] some colors to improve text visibility actually made hyperlinks harder to see in some cases.
In version 1.1.1, I updated it so that it actually makes hyperlinks easier to read, but the latter now often look ugly as a consequence.
Because of this compromise, the option is now disabled by default and I don't recomend enabling it until you use it with a specific color you know looks good with it.
- Added French localization.
- Added support for additional system colors so that more parts of the UI use the accent color;
- Added an "Advanced mode" that allows several settings to be changed.
Current colors are now only visible in this mode;
- Added support for two command-line parameters:
/adv (see instructions for more details);
- The window icon is no longer embedded in the program file.
Instead, it is a symbol from the Segoe MDL2 Assets font which comes with Windows 10;
- Improved consistency between strings and fixed several mistakes;
- Fixed a problem that caused the "About" dialog box to display the wrong version number;
- Other minor improvements and fixes.